Revision from gastric bypass to sleeve?

BarbaraSCL
on 9/26/16 1:59 pm, edited 9/26/16 2:25 pm

Hi guys, it's been a long time since I've been here!

I had a gastric bypass in July 2005, lost 40 kgs (about 88 pounds) but have gained 50% of that....and I never got even close to my 'ideal weight'...anyway, I've had 2 kids in the meantime, and so now I am ready for a revision.

Today I had Rx of esophagus+stomach+duodenum and it was amazing! I had to drink some contrast liquids, and I actually saw the whole thing going down to my stomach, very cool.  Anyway, the doctor told me my pouch is too small, which would explain the chronic anemia; and  know that the anastomotic dilation is too big, because doctor saw that with the endoscopy, which explains - in part - the weight gain.  Of course I am the one to blame, since I went back to eating crap, but, anyway, doctor told me a good option would be converting from bypass to sleeve, which is actually explained in this article:

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/gastric-bypass-re vision-surgery.html

My question is: Has anyone gone through that? Did you have any complication? Have you lost weight?

Please, if you have any input, I'd really appreciate it...thanks a lot!

Have a nice week!

Barbara.

unagordita
on 1/18/17 7:58 pm

Does anyone know if Kaiser does the DS? or how difficult it is to have them re-do it?

Most Active
Recent Topics