For a revision do you need to pick a new surgery?

canadianblues
on 5/17/17 10:21 pm - Perth, Canada

I had a RNY 10 yrs ago... over the yrs due to family health concerns ( my mother my biggest support system was diagnosed with leukemia) my food demons came back and I have gained quite a lot of my weight back ( enough that I do qualify for surgery once again) I have tried going back to basics with no budge on weight loss. I am depressed again and don't even want to leave my house. I am so disappointed and disgusted with myself that I let my food demons beat me once again. If I qualify for a revision do you need to pick a brand new surgery or can the surgeons just go in and make my pouch smaller again. If I need to pick a brand new surgery how many of you recommend the DS and do they do the DS now by Laparoscopic or is it still a full open surgery? Any help and advice would be much appreciated :)

airbender
on 5/21/17 4:08 pm

you need to figure out why you gained the weight, was is a mechanical issue? From there you can decide what surgery you want.

the DS has been performed laparoscopic since 1999, RNY to DS is a different story. You are from Canada, I would see Dr Gagner he performs RNY to DS, there are only a handful of surgeons in the world that do that

good luck with your journey

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

Suzanne_Paulette
on 5/30/17 12:31 pm - Lamonte, MO

Any revision has higher risks. Within the next couple of weeks I'll be doing rny- rny. Stay in touch with me and let's keep tabs on each other!

Suzanne

Suzanne_Paulette
on 5/30/17 12:36 pm - Lamonte, MO

PS- DS is a completely different story than rny. There are more risks, mainly the malabsorption due to such a great amount of intestine bypassed, and potential infections ... And would only be done with significant weight gain. Just passing along what I've been told. I wish you the best of luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics