2nd time around!

ambec0308
on 5/20/17 10:43 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/17

Hello OH world. It's been a long time. My name is Amy and I had the lap band placed May 2010. I started having issues pretty much from the beginning and moved about 7 months post op so did not have the support of my facility after that. I have all the same issues of every other bander that I've read there post so I will not go into all those. We moved back to the area where I had my surgery fall of 2014 and I called my clinic and had a complete un-fill. I continue to have the issues so I finally called to schedule a removal. While talking to the receptionist she asked if I wanted a revision to the sleeve! I had been holding off on making this call because I am scared to gain more weight. I am already only about 20 lbs shy of my heaviest. So long story short. I went to see my surgeon he said that It would be my choice of just removal or revision. He thinks I will be very happy with the sleeve saying tha*****pically fulfills on the lap bands promises. I have an EGD scheduled on June 2nd and a dietitian appt. on the 7th. Wish me luck and any advice before going in would be appreciated.

Lap band 5/2010 lost 37 lbs regain 22.

5/19/17 Surgery consult 201.6 lbs

6/15/17 approved by insurance(started liquid diet) 194.7lbs

6/28/17 Surgery weight 184.4

Allisonw2lls
on 5/20/17 7:15 pm - CA
VSG on 06/16/17

I had the band and had issues from the get go also, infection and had the entire thing removed within the first year. I was sleeved about 2 years later. I am actually going in next month for a hernia repair and they are going to revise my sleeve as it seems to be too large from the beginning. The difference between the band and the sleeve is awesome, for me i always had issues with food getting stuck and then tossing my cookies, the sleeve the restriction is different. You don't have to wrestle with the restriction of getting it down, you just have to eat the right amount and not over eat or eat the slider foods. I have no regrets with the sleeve just wi**** was done smaller to begin with.

ambec0308
on 5/20/17 7:33 pm - AL
VSG on 06/28/17

I have never dealt with an infection but always felt stuck, vomiting. Resorted to sliders because that was all I could keep down. Sorry to here that you are having issues again. Hope your revision goes well.

Allisonw2lls
on 6/6/17 5:52 pm, edited 6/6/17 10:53 am - CA
VSG on 06/16/17

So I went to see my surgeon and he explained my situation better. Seems when I was sleeved my surgeon avoided the scar tissue from the band to the point my sleeve is "very big" he also explained the shape is not correct because scar tissue was not cleaned and was avoided. So I'm scheduled for June 16th for partial sleevecrevision an hiatal hernia repair. He is very vonfident I should experience really good success. Excited but cautious. ?

ambec0308
on 6/6/17 6:25 pm - AL
VSG on 06/28/17

Very excited for you. I hope every thing goes well. I know what you mean about cautious. I go in tomorrow to find out the next step. The EGD showed a slip and esophagitis. He will remove the band but we have to get approval for the VSG. I have not held my dinner down 2 nights in a row now. Sometimes I can eat a huge meal and others I can't keep 2 oz down. I am so ready to get this band out. Like 3 years ago. Keep me posted on how things are going for you. It's always nice to have a buddy.

Amy

Most Active
Recent Topics