24 hours till Revision!

QC_Blondie
on 5/22/17 4:47 am
Revision on 05/23/17

Tuesday at 7:30am my revision surgery will start! I'm excited to hopefully be done with the GERD. Nervous for surgery. Definitely ready to put all of this behind me and start the new chapter!

I plan on staying busy today, run a few errands, clean the house, stuff like that.

Does anyone have any advice about the first 24 hours after surgery?

marbella37
on 5/22/17 8:50 am
RNY on 04/24/17

Wishing you a great surgery and speedy recovery. first 24 hours walk and walk for prevention of clots and to get organs moving. It is very normal to feel nervous I had mine almost a month ago.

Maribel

marbella37
on 5/22/17 8:54 am
RNY on 04/24/17

Wishing you a great surgery and speedy recovery. first 24 hours walk and walk for prevention of clots and to get organs moving. It is very normal to feel nervous I had mine almost a month ago.

Maribel

bruindiva92
on 5/22/17 10:37 am
Revision on 03/29/17

QC_Blondie:

Be sure to sip and walk, sip and walk. I started Dulcolax the moment I got home because I remember the constipation issues from the first surgery. The second time around was a breeze.

Be sure to rest, rest, and more rest!

I wish you much success the second time around!

stacyrg
on 5/22/17 12:40 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

I walked a ton. I was in my room by 8:00 and up and walking that night. The next day, when my surgeon came to check me, I was out walking and they had to send an aide to track me down. I was allowed water/protein shakes the morning following my surgery and spent my time in the hospital walking and drinking.

QC_Blondie
on 5/22/17 6:33 pm
Revision on 05/23/17

Yes I definitely plan on walking as much as I can! Last year I had 4 surgeries after being diagnosed with DVT and PE. so as soon as I woke up after each procedure I was walking! It is so very important as y'all know! Thank you all for the advice. I'm praying for a smooth surgery and I'll be back posting an update soon :)

shaah2000
on 5/27/17 4:42 pm - NJ

Congratulations. I had my revision Wednesday morning. The gas is painful but that's the worst part. I know what I need to do. But the pain wasn't as bad. Keep us updated

QC_Blondie
on 5/28/17 7:39 pm
Revision on 05/23/17

See I was the opposite, the gas pain didn't get caught in my shoulder this time so I didn't have any issues. My stomach area was more tender than I expected. My stomach feels a little tender and swollen still but not bad at all. The liquid diet is getting old! But good news is I haven't had any issues with gerd so it's worth it!

QC_Blondie
on 5/23/17 3:15 pm
Revision on 05/23/17

I got back to my room around 10 I think. It's 6pm now and I've done 3 30 minute walks. I'm allowed 1 30mL cup of ice every hour. It's definitely nice to have that to help with the dry mouth. Pain is worse than I expected but tolerable. I've had 2 dilaudid shots so that definitely helps. I'm going to get 2 more walks in before bedtime. I'm very tired, I've slept off and on all day. It's been nice to rest. Thank you to everyone for the positive comments, it's encouraging and helpful!

LeslieWesleysyxx
on 5/24/17 2:06 pm
Revision on 03/14/18

Curious if you've already had the instant improvement with the GERD? I've heard people say it was gone right after the surgery?

Most Active
Recent Topics