Rny to rny revision anyone ?

pink72284
on 6/21/17 4:37 pm - Lancaster, CA

Has anyone or will anyone be getting RNY to RNY revision? I'm looking at the location in Mexicali. Just wanted to hear other people's stories. Ty

mrsmyranow
on 6/22/17 7:57 pm - Pasadena, CA

Bump! I haven't been on this site since 2003. Time for a revision. Good luck in your search!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
baby development
lisa561
on 6/23/17 7:42 pm - West Palm Beach, FL
RNY on 07/10/13

Hello, I am currently recovering from a RNY gastric bypass revision in Hospital Angeles (Juarez, Mexico). Dr Elmo Aramburo and Dr Jose Rodriguez Villarreal performed my revision. They made my pouch and stoma smaller and also bypassed more intestines. I have a distal bypass now. I had surgery yesterday evening and I was up and walking pretty quickly. I used BeLiteWeight to schedule and finance with. They have been excellent to work with. The hospital is great and they really make sure you are cared for. I traveled alone and I felt safe the whole time. I flew in to El Paso airport from Ft Lauderdale and a driver picked me up and drove me to hospital. I had pre-op tests Wednesday evening and surgery Thursday. I will be driven to El Paso and fly home tomorrow (Saturday). If you have any questions let me know, happy to help! :))

RebelK
on 6/29/17 9:20 am - TX
RNY on 01/15/13

I had an RNY revision April 13th. He made my pouch smaller. I've lost 40 lbs so far but there are a few things you should know. The only thing you get from your revision is restricted eating. You don't get the malabsorption you get from the initial sugery. You WILL have to work for your weight loss and it's going to be slower. I'm eating a low fat/low carb diet. I'm going to the gym at least 3 times a week and I'm walking, walking, walking. I feel great and I believe the weight will come off slowly but surely. Right now it seems to be about 1 to 2 lbs a week. I can live with that. It saddens me that I did not get the benefit from the first one (mine was done incorrectly the first time) but I am just happy to have the restriction tool again and it has motivated me immensely. Good luck!

Kathy

aadidas7
on 7/6/17 8:21 pm - Kokomo, IN

I am in the process of trying to get insurance approval for a RNY to DS revision. My surgeon meets with me in August. She mentioned possibly doing a RNY to Extended limb RNY revision if a DS is not an option. Personally I need less absorption so I wish I knew about the DS years ago....

Best wishes.

Currently looking at Dr. Inman in Indiana but also researching Mexico Dr. Juan Arellano.

Most Active
Recent Topics