Adding loop duodenal switch to existing sleeve (?)

MSTieMom
on 9/13/18 12:55 pm

I was sleeved in 2011, lost weight and regained some after pregnancy that I can't seem to lose and keep off. My sleeve seems to still offer good restriction, but even when following a highly structured weight loss program (a commercial shakes-based one with weekly weigh-ins) the weight doesn't want to come off. So my surgeon is recommending I add the "loop duodenal switch" (aka sadi) to my sleeve. He thinks it will give me the boost I need to help me get my regain off and keep it off.

This surgery seems like a good idea from what info the surgeon shared (and I trust my surgeon) What little info I could gather online also looks promising. I wi**** had the nice long track record that the tradition DS has, but I suppose if I'm going to be a bit of a "fat pioneer" ;) I have to decide if I am willing to take a risk on a newer surgery. Initial data looks good, but I don't know of any large long-term studies on this procedure (and particularly as a revision surgeon as opposed to a virgin surgery).

Has anyone here converted to a loop duodenal switch? I am assuming the vitamin requirements will be similar to the traditional DS. Are the dietary requirements similar (I'm thinking high protein like the traditional DS but possibly lower fat?) I'd love to hear any personal experiences.

If anyone has any good (as in reliable) info on this procedure - particularly as a revision - I'd love to hear it. Many many thanks!!

queennashiba
on 9/15/18 11:39 am - champaign, IL

Hello,

there is a group on Facebook just type in sleeve revision to Sadi S YOU WILL CONNECT WITH A FEW PEOPLE WHOM HAD HAD THE SURGERY. I myself was considering revision from sleeve to Sadi s in Spain with the doctor who actually invented this procedure Andre Pernaute in Madrid Spain but reading all the review and the long term I've decided to go with a full Ds. What I learn is that the Sadi S is not long term it 5 years only then you regain no malabsorption like the full Ds wii give you. Hope this help you

OrchidM
on 9/19/18 12:31 pm

Hey - I am booked in to have this surgery as a VSG revision so no personal experience just yet. As the previous poster mentioned there is a facebook group for the SADI-S/Loop which is really quite active. Joining this group helped me to make the decision to go with this rather than the full DS as it does look like a promising surgery.

Hopefully someone will come along with some experience of the surgery & be able to answer your questions.

Good luck with your surgery xx

Most Active
Recent Topics