"Tricks" to meet BMI

whithark
on 9/19/18 7:37 am - Bristol, RI

Let me preface by saying, I know how to gain weight, ha ha. Don't we all! So please no comments about it being a ridiculous question since I'm on this site (I saw another poster get ridiculed for a similar question). I have an appointment in a couple weeks to discuss revision. My BMI is below 40, but not by much. I am running a race the weekend after the appointment, so I don't want to stuff my face between now and then to weigh more.

Drink lots of water before the appointment? Super salty food a couple days leading up to the appointment? Quarters in my pockets? Any other tricks of the trade? I have no co-morbidities so I'd really like to be at 40 for my initial appointment. :)

Jaime 

ladygodiva1228
on 9/19/18 8:33 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

If you are going in for a revision due to issues with your band then the BMI requirement usually isn't necessary. What does your insurance policy say about revisions?

I know mine said if there is something mechanically wrong or there was a medical reason for the revision that would be good enough. No mention of having to have a BMI over 40.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

ljbarbara
on 9/19/18 5:36 pm
ljbarbara
on 9/19/18 5:40 pm

I deleted my original post because I realized I was saying the same thing ladygodiva said. I agree with her!

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

tltompkins
on 12/25/18 6:59 am - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 12/19/06 with

How did it work out?

Serving HIM with you!

"I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed...The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor "
So When you are DOWN to nothing....
God is UP to something!

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible
whithark
on 1/15/19 7:39 am - Bristol, RI
tltompkins
on 1/15/19 8:59 am - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 12/19/06 with

Awesome! Congratulations!

Serving HIM with you!

"I am too blessed to be stressed and too anointed to be disappointed...The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor "
So When you are DOWN to nothing....
God is UP to something!

"Faith sees the invisible, believes the incredible and receives the impossible
Most Active
Recent Topics