ccolkitt
on 9/28/18 5:44 pm
  • Is the pouch reset diet worth trying?
Cneale72
on 9/28/18 6:02 pm

I'm wondering that also!!

ccolkitt
on 9/29/18 1:39 am

I guess it's worth a shot. Read my response to the other girl who said it's a fad diet. It may just be idk.

MarinaGirl
on 9/28/18 10:09 pm

No, it's a fad diet. You can't "reset" your pouch. Instead, go back to basics of protein first, followed by non-starchy vegetables, use a food scale to measure your food, don't drink with meals or 30 minutes afterwards, minimize/cut out alcohol, sugar, processed food, and simple carbs, use an app like MyFitnessPal to track your calories, and drink a minimum of 64 oz of water a day.

ccolkitt
on 9/29/18 1:38 am

Well that's kind of what I was reading about this so called pouch reset diet. It's basically starting over from when you first had the surgery and doing what you were doing or eating and drinking in the very beginning and then slowly introducing healthy foods and small portions again. Same thing like you said with drinking as well. I don't really eat sugar as it is and I don't drink so that's not an issue. I think it's my portion sizes. I was going to try that then see about a revision but from what I'm hearing I won't be able to get one unless there is something wrong. My insurance may not cover that.

hollykim
on 9/29/18 2:08 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 29, 2018 at 8:38 AM Pacific Time, ccolkitt wrote:

Well that's kind of what I was reading about this so called pouch reset diet. It's basically starting over from when you first had the surgery and doing what you were doing or eating and drinking in the very beginning and then slowly introducing healthy foods and small portions again. Same thing like you said with drinking as well. I don't really eat sugar as it is and I don't drink so that's not an issue. I think it's my portion sizes. I was going to try that then see about a revision but from what I'm hearing I won't be able to get one unless there is something wrong. My insurance may not cover that.

it is not necessary to go back to the beginning ,like right after surgery,with liquids. Many find themselves hungry on liquids only and start eating off plan.

Go straight to dense protein,beef,chicken,fish,eggs etc. limit carbs as severely as possible.

ccolkitt
on 10/7/18 1:06 pm

Thank you! I didn't really see the liquids only as necessary but it was what I had read. I love my carbs but definitely need to limit them a lot!

Zaniiaim
on 10/7/18 12:51 pm - CA

I had my pouch redone on Thursday, my first doctor did not make the pouch small enough. I had slow loss and eventual regain. Now I have a tiny pouch and hopefully it works this time. Insurance did not pay, they usually won't pay for any revision even if it's medically necessary. The total cost was 18k and well worth it! I finally feel that restriction everyone talks about.

Aimee
RNY 3-1-12

RNY Revision 10-4-18

ccolkitt
on 10/7/18 1:04 pm

I've been up and down on my weight since this started. My original date of surgery was 2/5/05. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of money for a revision. I didn't know if it was maybe considered a "health issue" they would pay for it.

Most Active
Recent Topics