2010 gastric bypass looking into full reversal

Jlchenier
on 10/9/18 8:01 am

has anyone had a gastric bypass and go back to original anatomy. My max weight was 315 I am currently 135 and have to work hard not to lose more than that. I am malnourished in every reguard I have been working with my new surgeon since July but insurance company been giving me issues I think I got that part straightened out we will find out if they don't cancel my upper GI scope on the 23rd. It's that I don't want to eat meat it's I take one bite and can't seem to eat more. I can eat chips, cookies, brownies, chocolate, pie, ice cream with no problem but other foods I can't do it. I want to eat steak and smoked pork so bad I have put it in my mouth and sucked on it just because I love the taste. So I'm just seeing if anyone has had a full reversal and what was there recovery, did you need to do anything special prior to surgery.

ljbarbara
on 10/9/18 5:36 pm

I have not had a reversal so I'm unable to help you with that. You didn't say why you are unable to eat dense protein. Are you experiencing pain and/or nausea when ingesting dense protein? Your upper GI may show you have a stricture. If this is the case, it's an easy fix and reversal won't be necessary. Just as an after thought...is the reversal your doctors recommendation or is it your desire? I hope all goes well for you and I'll keep my fingers crossed for an easy fix.

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Most Active
Recent Topics