What side of your body is your band on?

Staylor011
on 10/19/18 5:48 pm

I went to a new surgeon to start the bypass consultation and he wanted to feel the band and was surprised to find that it was on the right side of my stomach. Where is your band or where was it?

Kathy S.
on 10/20/18 8:26 am - Lexington, KY
VSG on 02/15/19
Are you asking about the location of the port? Mine was on the left.

Here is the test to find whether your mission on earth is finished.
If you're alive, it isn't. -- Richard Bach

Staylor011
on 10/21/18 4:45 pm

Correct. My port is on the right side so maybe it was supposed to be on the left. Thank you.

Nic M
on 11/16/18 3:32 pm

Your stomach is located on the left side of your body. The port can be placed on either side of the abdomen because it has tubing that connects it to the band. Mine was on the right side because the surgeon used a previous surgical scar, rather than creating a new one. The band can't be felt from the outside, but the port can be. Is this what you were asking?

When I changed surgeons, they were also surprised that my port wasn't on the left side, but when I explained the reason why, they didn't seem to think it was anything to be concerned about.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Staylor011
on 11/22/18 6:30 pm

Yeah the port is on my right and I had nothing like a previous scar for them to use so I was just asking because for this top bariatric Dr in our area to be surprised freaked me out a little so I thought I would ask lol.

Nic M
on 11/23/18 2:51 pm

I had one surgeon assistant try to fill my band on the left side... and my port was on the right! I thought he was just poking around until I felt the needle go in. I asked, "What are you doing?" And he said, "I'm trying to access your port." I informed him that it was on the other side. Left that place with a huge bruise on my gut. I'm a big fan of fluoroscopy-assisted band fills!

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Most Active
Recent Topics