Let me Be A Warning

mahofl
on 6/3/07 5:52 am - Goose Creek, SC
WHINE ALERT   I've had two VERY rough weeks.  Two weeks ago this Wednesday I found out I was 6 or seven weeks pregnant.  I've had lots of infertility problems so we weren't surprised when I miscarriaged last Saturday.  WARNING:  I was on the pill.  Plus I'm 40 so not exactly at the height of my reproductive years.  That the reason for my emotional roller coaster lately.  I saw Dr. Byrne today and he told me that the reason was the its really true.  We do not absorb even almost 2 years post op.  Take all medication on an empty stomach. Whine Number 2.  I spent the night at MUSC.  I have kidney stones that are trying to pass.  DRINK your water.  I had slowly slacked off, drinking some diet coke and coffee and and just not constantly forcing the water.   So second weekend trip to the hospital.  Dr. Byrne was there and I had asked the ER doctor to get someone from his service to look at my test results.  So he gave me a HUGE lecture which I deserved.     I feel better, going to see the urologist this week.  On good meds and the hormones are under control.  So....Follow the rules
Jennifer Williams
on 6/3/07 6:04 am - Goose Creek, SC
Mary,

I am soo sorry to hear that. Please know my thoughts and prayers are on you right now.

With Love,
Jennifer
mahofl
on 6/3/07 6:06 am - Goose Creek, SC
Thanks Jennifer,    I feel better already!!!! Mary
Rachel K.
on 6/3/07 6:06 am - moore, SC
Thanks for the FYI.  I appreciate you sharing that information about the pill.  I have been trying to tell my doctor something freaky has been going on with my pill.  I was having breakthrough bleeding during my cycle but he said it was just stress.  Hell yeah!  It was stress.  I didn't think I was absorbing all of the pill.  But, he brushed it off and said sure you are - even Dr. Bour (my surgeon).  Well, I'm going off the pill all together after next period.  I've been having killer yeast infections and wanna see if I'm gonna ovulate on my own (which I have never done).  Gonna try to use the rhythm method.  But, if we slip up it will be ok.  We have been married almost 6 years so a baby is probably on the menu.   Thanks again for the information.  I am on Wellbutrin XL and I ask Dr. Bour if it was ok since it was the extended release.  He said it was, but I don't see how???  Thanks for the information. Rachel
"This learning to live again...is killing me."
                                     -
Garth Brooks

mahofl
on 6/3/07 6:20 am - Goose Creek, SC
I don't know about the extended release stuff so Im going to research it.  I had noticed that my zoloft didn't seem to be always working like it should.  I'm going to try everything on an empty stomach now. M
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/07 6:14 am - TBD, Guam
Mary, I do not, and do not think ANYONE... would consider these things "whining"  these are very valid tragic and difficult situations that you went through and need support on.   Whining is when someone complains about something that is really not that bad and they are just looking for attention.   You are looking for support.    That being said, I want you to know that I find you to be so brave and so strong.    I am so proud to call you my friend.    To share this news so that others may avoid going through this, well it is beyond commendable. I send you a hug and much love.     I wish there was more I could do for you.   You just never cease to amaze me.   I really do look up to you.    Thank you for being my friend. Love and friendship, J. xoxo
mahofl
on 6/3/07 6:17 am - Goose Creek, SC
Thanks so much.  I'm on a quest for my youngest son's gameboys, then I'm hitting the bed.  I can't wait to see you in 3 weeks,  Can you believe its here? Mary
Iris W.
on 6/3/07 6:45 am - Moncks Corner, SC
Mary, so sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are with you. I had been taking Wellbutrin before surgery and it actually helped me to stop smoking. Although, post-op it didn't effect my cravings at all, thus I started smoking again. I am going to try taking it on an empty stomach and see what happens. I too have found myself drinking more coffee. But since hearing of your kidney stone situation, I will definitely slow it down and continue to force the water down!! And by no means was your post "whining". Thanks for being comfortable enough to share this information. It is certainly helpful. Take care of yourself.
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/07 7:37 am - TBD, Guam
Have a good rest and I will see you at the support group on the 21st or at the pool party on the 23rd... hopefully one or  the other if you are up to it!   :) xoxo Jill
RJOLLY1967
on 6/3/07 7:39 am - KY

Mary !Mary! you know we are just a phone call away if you need anything just let me know I will do my best to help in any way so sorry to hear about what went on ,yes I take my Pill on an empty tummy my Dr told me that long time ago & I take the pill but it has been a blessing to me I did have break thru bleeding & I started taking it & it stopped thank God ,put your feet up & rest & will say a big Prayer for you

B J 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 291 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3022 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3934 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4272 views