New to Columbia & Looking for Friends

AngelaTerrell
on 6/6/12 3:26 pm - Columbia, SC
Hi everyone! I'm a 38 yr old Roux En-Y patient; 6 months post surgery. I had my surgery in Omaha, Nebraska which is where I am originally from. I moved to Columbia merely 3.5 months post surgery. Now that I'm at my 6 month mark, I'm hitting some emotional ups and downs. I think it would help me tremendously to begin mingling within the community a bit more and meeting some people as a support group of sorts (whether pre-surgery, post-surgery, or never going to have the sugery!).

I'm currently a stay-at-home, homeschooling mother to 3 elementary aged children. It is easy to get caught up in our own little world. I enjoy it but often find myself feeling as though something is lacking...outside friends! Once in a while I just desire to get out of the house, go shopping, have lunch, maybe even just chat on the phone with another adult a bit. Would love to be supportive to someone whom is getting ready to go through WLS but would also really like to find someone who has been there so that we can share tips, etc.

My heighest weight was a whopping 433lbs. I am happy to say that I am now weighing in at 250lbs and feeling great, for the most part. I still have another 50-70lbs to go. Total weight loss so far is 183lbs. With the assistance of my surgeon, I have created a whole new me! Now I'm ready to get out and live life.

By the way, I'm also in search of a work out, walking, exercise partner(s). I love, love, love to swim and participate in water aerobics. But I also enjoy biking, walking, and am open to any forms of exercise. If that isn't your cup of tea, then like I said, let's hang out and just be there to support each other.

P.S. I am happily committed in a relationship so I do not desire a "friendship" of that nature. :)

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks for reading! -Angie 

gunterm2009
on 6/7/12 5:34 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 294 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3028 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3939 views