State employee

Wanda A.
on 6/25/13 6:17 am - Clover, SC

I am a SC state employee and was wondering if anyone has had success with state ins plan paying for surgery? If so, HELP!!!!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our Light, not our darkness that most frightens us. 
We ask ourselves -- Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?Actually, who are we not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people do not feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest the Glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone.
And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence automatically liberates others.
M Williamson

serenity1959
on 6/28/13 11:30 am
VSG on 08/05/13

I am a state employee,  too.   It is specifically excluded from our policy.   They will not pay for our surgery.  I am going to Mexico in August for mine.

Wanda A.
on 6/29/13 6:37 am - Clover, SC
Congrats!!!
Which MD are you going to see? I think that's what I'm going to do as well. Any help/advice is appreciated. Where are you in the state?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our Light, not our darkness that most frightens us. 
We ask ourselves -- Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?Actually, who are we not to be?
You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people do not feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest the Glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us, it is in everyone.
And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence automatically liberates others.
M Williamson

serenity1959
on 6/30/13 10:53 am
VSG on 08/05/13

I am going to Dr. Aceves on August 5th in Mexicali.    I did a great deal of research before selecting him.   He is not the cheapest surgeon there, but I wanted the best I could find.    I will be in the hospital three nights and have three leak tests.   Here, I would have paid $20,000 to $25,000 for one night in the hospital and one leak test.  The cost of surgery with Dr. Aceves is $8,750.   I am in Columbia.

Wanda A.
on 6/30/13 11:21 am - Clover, SC

I haven't decided whom or where yet.  I have decided on the roux-en-y.  Which procedure are you having?  I live in York co, but work all over the state.  Our office is moving to Gervais st this month in the state museum.  Which dept do you work for?  I'm in Columbia from time to time maybe we can meet someday.

Wanda

serenity1959
on 7/1/13 11:42 am
VSG on 08/05/13

I am having the sleeve.    I would love to meet you sometime.   I will send you a message.

Luarra28
on 12/6/13 11:23 am - Lugoff, SC

I too am a State employee.  no coverage.  I also am looking into going to Dr Aceves in Mexicali. I have not firmed up a date because I have to wait for June 2014 before I can have funding.  I was told the same price. I had spent some time on making list of Drs that I was interested in.  I send out inquiry emails to them. and Dr Aceves' person is the only one that has gotten back to me.  That in itself means a lot to me.   I also work in Columbia.

tstowe
on 9/17/14 10:55 pm, edited 9/17/14 10:55 pm
On December 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM Pacific Time, Luarra28 wrote:

I too am a State employee.  no coverage.  I also am looking into going to Dr Aceves in Mexicali. I have not firmed up a date because I have to wait for June 2014 before I can have funding.  I was told the same price. I had spent some time on making list of Drs that I was interested in.  I send out inquiry emails to them. and Dr Aceves' person is the only one that has gotten back to me.  That in itself means a lot to me.   I also work in Columbia.

I teach so I had to pay out of pocket too. Unfortunately, Dr. Aceves has passed away. He was in a plane crash. But I had my surgery done on Sept. 1 at his clinic. They are still GREAT and I have recommended them to a few family members. They are awesome.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 289 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3020 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3934 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4272 views