Anyone in the Columbia, SC area?

smiles4u22
on 5/12/16 2:20 am - Lugoff, SC

Hi. 

I have just started the process and I am so excited!  I would love to get feedback from local fellow WLS people in the Columbia, SC area and be able to share our journeys.  :-)  Tuesday night I attended my first support group meeting and it was so great!  I am so ready for my new healthy life.  Feel free to say hello and share your journey with me. 

April Parker
on 5/29/16 1:56 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Well I'm in Spartanburg, lol. I wish this forum was more active! LOL. I have RNY on June 20th. I can't wait! Good luck on your journey!!!

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

smiles4u22
on 5/29/16 5:46 am - Lugoff, SC
On May 29, 2016 at 8:56 AM Pacific Time, April Parker wrote:

Well I'm in Spartanburg, lol. I wish this forum was more active! LOL. I have RNY on June 20th. I can't wait! Good luck on your journey!!!

Oh how I wish I were that close to my surgery date. :-).  Happy for you!  How much weight is your goal to lose, April?  I want to lose at least 100 pounds.   After my support group meeting, I may consider changing yo the Gastric Sleeve. Several ladies had that earlier this year and were doing great with very few side effects. Have a safe Memorial Day weekend. 

April Parker
on 6/1/16 7:53 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16

Thanks! My ideal weight is 126 so my personal goal is between that and 135 bc Im short at 5'2 hehe. So thats almost 150lbs to lose! :) And Im choosing RNY bc I have GERD. I don't want it to get worse and sometimes that happens with the sleeve. My ins doesn't cover the sleeve anyway so moot point lol. Also I have pcos so the RNY is also the best choice for that too. So yay!

And trust me it felt like yesterday I was at my first appointment... It flew by. That was 8 months ago! :) Good luck!!!

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

jachristmas
on 7/5/16 4:19 pm
VSG on 12/14/16

Hi! I am in Kingstree, SC..not next door to Columbia but not too far away lol. Like you I am so excited and ready for a new healthy life. I went for my surgery consult at the end of May and so far have gotten my cardiology clearance and have attended 2 of the 3 nutrition appointments that my surgeon requires. I am scheduled for my EGD next Friday. I am trying so hard to change my eating habits and lifestyle and am down 18 lbs as of last Wednesday. I have wanted weight loss surgery for about 8 years but insurance would not cover it. Thankfully I am now in a position with my husbands help to self pay for my sleeve surgery. This has advantages as I was able to bypass some of the requirements that insurance has. I am hoping to get my surgery date soon, but in the meantime I enjoy coming here for anything you could ever want to know about WLS from those who have been there. I look forward to following your journey, and best of luck to you!!

smiles4u22
on 7/5/16 5:54 pm - Lugoff, SC

Hi, Jachristmas. 

It is great to hear that you will be having your surgery soon!  I am undergoing the insurance scrutiny trying to meet their 6 month requirements. I wish I could have mine soon!  So happy for you!

i got my Pulmonary clearance and I am awaiting to hear my results from my heart doctor on July 12th and had my blood work. All was great except for being low on Vitamin D and finding that I HPylori bacteria in my stomach. I am enjoying visiting with people who have had surgeries at our bi-weekly WLS support group. It has really given me a realistic look at having the surgery. 

Well, have a great evening and I will look forward to hearing back from you. 

Debra

jachristmas
on 7/5/16 5:46 pm
VSG on 12/14/16
sassybigmama
on 7/25/16 4:15 am - SC

hi  I just came back to this site I live in Lexington I had my wls in jan by DR.Triebble from WLS in Columbia it was the best choice ever if you have any questions let me know and good luck

sassybigmama

smiles4u22
on 11/25/16 5:42 am - Lugoff, SC

Good morning!

congrats on your WLS success!  I finally have my date!  It's December 15th!  Any advice you wish to share will be greatly appreciated. Perhaps we could could get together for lunch or coffee to chat. :-)

have ver a great day!

PinkGrace
on 11/25/16 11:14 am

Greetings! I live in the Augusta, GA area...not exactly close, but not too far, either.  I was sleeved on November 15th at University Hospital.  They have a wonderful program, and I feel like I was really well prepared for this journey.  I read quite a bit before surgery, and also joined a couple facebook pages that are closed groups for bariatric patients.  It has been nice to have both information and support.  I live in Georgia with my husband, but all of my family is in Virginia.   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 289 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3020 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3934 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4272 views