Recent Posts

kegoff
on 5/4/08 2:03 am - Duncan, SC
Topic: RE: Approved! Now I'm scared!
Thank you so much for your responses.  I will be looking into some upstate support groups, I'm going to be using Dr. Ross but I'd love to talk to anyone who can share their experiences.  My daughter is 4 and my son is almost 15 months.  I never thought I would get approved this fast so I planned a weekend in Myrtle Beach for mid June and my daughter is going to be a Princess at the Miss South Carolina pageant the first week of July, otherwise I would be running in the first of June for surgery. 
Barbara K.
on 5/4/08 1:43 am - Laurens, SC
Topic: ER Visit
Had a ER visit yesterday with my Asthma,  all the pollen got me.  The ER Doctor uped my steriods, I was coming down on a gradual taper.  I was at 9mg.  Now I'm up to 40mg and won't taper till Monday..  When I see my lung dr.  I know what this means....Fluid gain.  And I have been doing good this past week losing.  I have to weigh in Tuesday with Cammy too.  Yall pray that I don't gain alot of fluid.  I have lost a total of 91 pounds since Sept 07 and I don't want to gain!   oh my  I know the fluid will come off easier than regular weight gain.    Just had to get it off my chest.   Thanks for listening.  later

Chris S.
on 5/4/08 1:38 am - SC
Topic: RE: protein shakes???????????
I'm like you-trying to find the inexpensive options. I went thru alot before finally deciding that I should just spend the money and get the expensive good stuff. I got overweight buying inexpensive foods--like from the dollar menu at McDonalds (although those 4 double cheeseburgers would eventually add up!!). You're worth it, you're bodies worth it, you're future is worth it. I would just buy it and cut back on other things (like those 4 double cheeseburgers I can no longer buy at McD's).  Good luck on the search. I could not find a protein drink I liked so I went the other way. I eat whole proteins alot and get it that way

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.....John Bingham aka The Penguin

Chris S.
on 5/4/08 1:32 am - SC
I took a week off from work, had it on a Thursday I believe and was of till the following Monday 10 days later. I think your sore longer if you baby yourself too much and try not to move. Walk everyday, maybe 4 times a day. I did-just to the end of our road and back. I wouldn't let myself just sit on the couch either-got up and got my own things....kinda works out the soreness. Don't overdo it though, listen to your body and when it says stop-stop Life after surgery is different-but not that much once you get through the different stages of diets. Nervousness is very normal-just grab onto some fellow WLS buddies and let them pull you through it. Thats what it is all about here

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.....John Bingham aka The Penguin

Jennifer R.
on 5/3/08 9:57 pm - Spartanburg, SC
*to show how much it varies* .. after my WLS, i was back at work 3 days later(i have a desk job).. and only help i needed with my 2 little children was putting them in and out of the carseat in my SUV bc i couldn't lift them. i was "sore" and it hurt when i laughed for a week or so.. but other than that i was fine. i think the faster you get going again the better off you are.. good luck youll be great!

Jen 

Mary H.
on 5/3/08 12:26 pm - Gray Court, SC
Topic: RE: plastic surgery
I had all of the above done last October and I paid $11,700.00 for everything. I had mine done in the surgical facility at the plastic surgeons, other wise I wouldn't have been able to aford a hospital bill and could not have had it done. I had a great surgeon, but, I will not reccomend anyone since everyone has their own opinion on who is good and who isn't. Best bet is do your own research and schedule consults with several to see who you would want to do yours. It was well worth the money for me, I am thrilled with the results and would do it again if I needed to. Good luck! Mary
IF WE WEREN'T ALL CRAZY WE WOULD GO INSANE!             
                Jimmy Buffett
HensleyDL
on 5/3/08 5:01 am, edited 5/3/08 5:02 am - Columbia, SC
Topic: For Those Fresh out of Surgery
I found this post on the men's forum and I thought It would be useful to those of you just getting out of surgery like me!  I hope it helps  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/men/a,messageboard/board_i d,5479/cat_id,5079/topic_id,3603444/action,replies/
Annie B.
on 5/2/08 4:16 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
It's totally normal.  you've never done this before, you don't know what to expect.  People tell you what to expect, you read about it...but you don't really KNOW...know what I mean? My husband was home with me for two weeks afterwards (I have two boys ages 4 & 5) - and then I had one week alone - and I was still in a lot of pain (though I had some complications - an infection around a week out and was back in the hospital for a couple of days.  Then i had someone else come and help for another two weeks.  It was really only in the last two or three weeks that I started feeling better (last weekend I was 2 months out).  So it really varies... It's ok to be nervous...it's natural. 

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Annie B.
on 5/2/08 4:13 pm - Dalzell, SC
RNY on 02/27/08 with
Topic: RE: protein shakes???????????
I haven't been able to use ANY powder since surgery - I gag and dry heave and throw up.  I tried the whole -  put a lid on it and use a straw because it might be the smell...nope...my entire day today was ruined because after that - I could barely eat or drink anything all day - I still feel a bit nauseated from it - and it was at 9am this morning - so it's 14 hours later!!  

However, I do like the Grape Frost and Blue Rapsberry Isopure - though it's pretty expensive!  But my body needs the protein, and I HAVE to get some sort of shake everyday...

~Annie  High 315 / Post-Op 309.2 / Current 149

Jess B
on 5/2/08 2:10 pm - Simpsonville, SC
Its very normal my surgery is in less than 2 weeks and I am both excited and scared. You will probably be out of work for a month and I guess it depends on how old your kids are. My daughter is 3 and I will have different family members helping me for atleast 2 weeks.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 294 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3027 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3939 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4277 views