Recent Posts

April Parker
on 5/29/16 1:56 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16
Topic: RE: Anyone in the Columbia, SC area?

Well I'm in Spartanburg, lol. I wish this forum was more active! LOL. I have RNY on June 20th. I can't wait! Good luck on your journey!!!

HW- 283    SW- 264     GW- 130

Rhonda0911
on 5/24/16 11:14 am
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Hi is it necessary to have to wait because Medicare is telling me it's whatever the dr submit to get the approval.. No wait

Rhonda0911
on 5/24/16 11:10 am
Topic: RE: MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Hi was you required to wait 3 to 6 months before surgery 

smiles4u22
on 5/12/16 2:20 am - Lugoff, SC
Topic: Anyone in the Columbia, SC area?

Hi. 

I have just started the process and I am so excited!  I would love to get feedback from local fellow WLS people in the Columbia, SC area and be able to share our journeys.  :-)  Tuesday night I attended my first support group meeting and it was so great!  I am so ready for my new healthy life.  Feel free to say hello and share your journey with me. 

cordellj10
on 4/15/16 7:08 pm
Topic: RE: Has anyone else been...

I know it has been a very long time, but what did they find out was making you have fainting spells !

April Parker
on 10/29/15 5:10 am - Gaffney, SC
RNY on 06/20/16
Topic: RE: Had my first appointment

Thanks Dr. Suber! I think you did my ex mother in laws skin surgery on her legs, back in 2009 I think it was. Her name is Jill Hickey, and I had to pack her incision because it ripped! Not your fault, she tried to do too much!

Maybe one day you will do mine haha! :) Thanks for the good luck wishes and keep doing what you do!

W. John Suber,
M.D.

on 10/28/15 1:43 pm - Greenville, SC
Topic: RE: Surgery

I hope that you're doing well now, Tracy. Talk to your bariatric surgeon regarding nutrition...he/she is the expert for your care. But I recommend to my (post-weight loss/plastic surgery patients) the "Premier Protein" shakes, which have 30 gems of protein. Do run this by your bariatric surgeon. But I find these quite helpful for greater ease of protein intake. I get them at Costco or Sams in the big boxes of 18.

Good luck!

W. John Suber, M.D.

Suber Plastic Surgery, LLC

Greer, SC

W. John Suber,
M.D.

on 10/28/15 1:40 pm - Greenville, SC
Topic: RE: Had my first appointment

Good luck April! We are fortunate to have some great bariatric surgeons in the Upstate of SC, and Dr. Ross is definitely on that list of excellent surgeons.

W. John Suber, M.D.

Suber Plastic Surgery, LLC

Greer, SC

Father Don
on 10/21/15 4:50 pm - Charleston, SC

Try one ounce (Medicine cup full) every 5 minutes - no more that that. too much water will make you hurt - little bits at a time. Same with Protein.

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

Pixie09
on 9/26/15 8:25 pm

I hope things are better with you.  I am still waiting to have my first meeting. My sister had bypass 18 months ago in GA and she tell me all bout what is going on with her. She has lost over 100lb and is at IBW for 6 months. Hope to hear something soon almost 2 months.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Charleston MUSC patients
MsRadar65 · 0 replies · 289 views
Overstitch Surgeon?
Pamela G. · 1 replies · 3020 views
Greenville sc
ebonymc · 0 replies · 3934 views
Union,SC
Tracy6035 · 0 replies · 4272 views