Tracy6035 · 4 replies · 411 views
Surgery Approved
Tracy6035 · 4 replies · 477 views
Most Active

Recent Posts

Father Don
on 1/9/15 9:42 am - Charleston, SC
Topic: Charleston - New Comers

Wife and I just moved to Charleston from Long Island.

Interested in any group meetings that may be around.  Can anyone help us out?

Don B.  

Obesity Help Support Group Leader

msduwop_23
on 12/31/14 9:17 am
Topic: want to get gastric bypass but need help finding health insurance

HELLO EVERYONE IM NEW TO THIS SITE AND WANT TO START BY ASKING A BURNING QUESTION I HAVE AN HOPEFULLY GET GREAT FEEDBACK. RECENTLY I TALKED TO MY DOCTOR AND HE TOLD ME ABOUT GASTRIC BYPASS SURGERY. I ATTENDED A SEMINAR AND DECIDED I WANTED TO CHANGE MY LIFE AND HEALTH. I CURRENTLY HAVE CONSUMER'S HEALTH INSURANCE AND THEY DO NOT HAVE COVERAGE FOR ANY BARIATRIC SURGERY. I LIVE IN COLUMBIA, S.C CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIND WHAT ARE SOME GOOD HEALTH INSURANCES WHO WILL COVER MY BARIATRIC SURGERY. GOD BLESS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

tstowe
on 9/17/14 10:55 pm, edited 9/17/14 10:55 pm
with
Topic: RE: State employee
On December 6, 2013 at 7:23 PM Pacific Time, Luarra28 wrote:

I too am a State employee.  no coverage.  I also am looking into going to Dr Aceves in Mexicali. I have not firmed up a date because I have to wait for June 2014 before I can have funding.  I was told the same price. I had spent some time on making list of Drs that I was interested in.  I send out inquiry emails to them. and Dr Aceves' person is the only one that has gotten back to me.  That in itself means a lot to me.   I also work in Columbia.

I teach so I had to pay out of pocket too. Unfortunately, Dr. Aceves has passed away. He was in a plane crash. But I had my surgery done on Sept. 1 at his clinic. They are still GREAT and I have recommended them to a few family members. They are awesome.

Tiffany_rk
on 9/2/14 3:26 am - goose creek, SC
Topic: RE: SC Medicaid...Gastric Bypass...Approval?

Can you please tell me where and who did your surgery?  Thank you

nilkaris
on 5/25/14 4:44 am - North Augusta, SC
Topic: RE: SC Medicaid...Gastric Bypass...Approval?

Just wondering if the 6 month medically supervised diet is required by bluechoice?

Thinknthin
on 2/2/14 3:54 am
Topic: RE: Any suggestions on surgeons near ft mill sc

I am in the process of getting approved from ins. But several friends have gone to  piedmont for wls espinal and bo, are suppose to be amazing surgeons. I met with both and I am really confident and comfortable with them doing my surgery.

Luarra28
on 12/6/13 12:32 pm - Lugoff, SC
Topic: RE: State of SC Insurance Study

That is what I had found out as well.  but I don't feel like i can wait any longer on a maybe/no.  It will take our legislators to change what is covered by our plan.  Meanwhile, all those co morbities that the plan does cover that would have to be tested for by C.O.E. (riverside surgical) I am making sure my PCP sent me for my tests. And now i have confirmed my Sleep apnea. One less thing to self pay on. 

Luarra28
on 12/6/13 11:23 am - Lugoff, SC
Topic: RE: State employee

I too am a State employee.  no coverage.  I also am looking into going to Dr Aceves in Mexicali. I have not firmed up a date because I have to wait for June 2014 before I can have funding.  I was told the same price. I had spent some time on making list of Drs that I was interested in.  I send out inquiry emails to them. and Dr Aceves' person is the only one that has gotten back to me.  That in itself means a lot to me.   I also work in Columbia.

jrajotte
on 10/30/13 1:55 am - SC
Topic: RE: Needing Medicaid Approval Advice

Please feel free to contact Dr. Morris Washington's office at 843-347-3900 or attend his upcoming seminar for more information.  visit www.coastalbariatric.com for more information.  

jrajotte
on 10/30/13 1:53 am - SC
Topic: RE: Myrtle Beach

Dr. Morris Washington's office does offer a very good support group and I apologize if you were not called back. Effie Aukerland, his dietitian does a great job.  The next two for the year will be -

• November 19, 2013- How NOT to Gain Weight Over the Holidays & How to Reduce Stress
  • December 17, 2013- Year End Celebration & Cooking Demonstration

You can go to his website to sign up or get more information - www.coastalbariatric.com