Hello all

stephp77
on 12/31/11 12:04 pm - Sioux Falls, SD

I recently moved back to Sioux Falls after living in Omaha for 8-9 years. While there I did have a lapband placed in Nov 2007. I did well at the beginning but a couple months after surgery my insurance stopped coverage for this service (basically anything to do with weight loss). Then I lost my insurance all together with a job loss. Since then I have gained back much of my weight (probably about 50 pounds in all). After personal life troubles I got a divorce and moved back to Sioux Falls in past Oct. Since then I have lost 25-30 pounds on my own. I honestly have no clue how I am doing it. I don't think I am eatting that much better or less in quantity. Right after I moved here I started a new job which supposedly has good insurance. I was told that they do have coverage for seeing someone here for fills. I do have my first appointment scheduled for the last week of Jan. I was also told that I need to have an upper GI first though to make sure everything is still ok and that the band is where it was placed. I have to admit that I am nervous about this test.

In the mean time I plan on checking out support groups though Sanford. I would also be interested to know if there are any not associated with the hospital.

Thanks.
Stephanie

Stephanie
Sioux Falls, SD

Height:  5'5.5"; Beginning weight 253
Educational seminar - 09/05/07; First consult - 09/17/07; Insurance rec'd submission - 10/01/07; Insurance approved - 10/05/07; Surgery - 11/21/07 (253 pounds of the morning of surgery); Mini goal met of down to 225 - 12/23/07.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Bariatric Event!
monymony · 0 replies · 6121 views
LGBT forum invitation
seanbear66rn · 0 replies · 6060 views
Hello all
stephp77 · 0 replies · 5972 views