Recent Posts

SwedishBlonde79
on 7/6/21 3:07 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone live near Knoxville?

Yes from Morristown and going to Dr Boukovalas at UT from skin removal!

SwedishBlonde79
on 7/6/21 2:51 pm
Topic: Panniculectomy with Fluer de Lis and blue care

My highest weight was 300 from lap band in 2010 and after 2 babies and weight gain and loss I'm 169 and 5'6. My BMI is almost normal, but I have lots of skin on my abdomen, inner thighs, arms, and sagging breasts. I'm seeing Dr Boukovalas at UT he's a reconstructive surgeon. I have all the paperwork from pcp for a panniculectomy. I go into his office on Friday and aside from being gorgeous is so sweet tells me we're going to submit your fluer de lis panni with thighs and then after that your arms and breasts reconstruction. He took tons of pics and said I would be covered for the yummy for sure. Can surgeons convince insurance to cover reconstruction of multiple body parts. I have regular blue cross blue shield and blue care on the side!

hurdsong
on 11/5/20 6:36 am
VSG on 10/19/20
Topic: RE: Inspire protein drink from BE

I was curious about all the rave reviews I read so I did what you are exactly not supposed to do and ordered doubles of the most popular flavors. I have been having difficulty drinking shakes made from the protein powder I purchased from my doctor's office and waited expectantly for my shipment to arrive. I tried my first this morning- Cafe Bella I believe- and was hugely disappointed. The sweetness factor over-rode what little coffee cappuccino flavor I could detect. It has a definitive stevia aftertaste and was so sweet I couldn't drink it. I made mine with 8 oz skim milk and thought that if I added a little unsweetened cocoa powder it might help. I even heated it a bit so it might taste like a real cappuccino. A bit more palatable, but not enough for me to keep the second bag... or finish the shape I made (which I am still attempting to do. Perhaps if you put it into a real cup of coffee it might work but I am only 2 weeks out from surgery and not having coffee yet. I sure hope the other flavors give a better response! I have to say that I am quite disappointed

Waterstarjen
on 9/13/19 4:29 am
VSG on 11/26/18
Topic: RE: Centennial Medical Center

I had surgery with Dr. Dyer and he was awesome.

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/18 2:28 pm
RNY on 10/09/18
Topic: RE: Anyone live near Knoxville?

I am in east Tn, Johnson City. Had gastric bypass October 9,2018.

Tnwarrior
on 8/10/18 2:52 pm
Topic: RE: Submitted for approval today! BCBS FED VIP/BCBS TN

Hi, that's good news. I'm looking for an in network bariatric surgeon for BCBS adavantage(Medicare) in TN.

was this yours by any chance?

samanthab
on 3/14/18 5:42 am
Topic: Self Pay Question

Hello Everyone, I currently live just outside of Knoxville Tennessee. I work as a Registered Nurse and have a Highmark BCBS through my employer. Our plan states they will not cover the actual bariatric surgery but will cover complications related to the procedure. Anyone had gastric sleeve done in the south eastern US where they had to self pay for the procedure? Any tips? Any doctor recommendations? I have been debating the surgery for years and just really feel like I need to move forward with my decision.

LynnA2018
on 3/8/18 4:24 pm
Topic: BCBS.... estimated time line?

I have BCBS and was curious how long it takes you get approved? Also, what requirements are you required to do? I've been on phentermine at a weight loss clinic & been prescribed Qsymia by my regular doctor over the past year but nothings helped.

Tyreebme
on 3/7/18 4:22 pm
Topic: Anyone in or Near the Nashville area...

Starting a new revision Journey. would like to get with people here...

toms_0321
on 1/23/18 5:32 am
Topic: RE: Need a girdle?

My story is as I became older I started to get a belly (not fat belly) which effected my posture with lower back pains, clothes not fitting right with a mild case of scolosis. I went to the corsetiere for a solution. She recommended I should daily be in a vintage panty girdle that was high waisted boned and zippered Rago 6210. She measured my hips and waist and put me through girdle training. I was totally amazed what it was like to have your stomach well controlled and firmly supported by a vintage girdle. My posture improved 100% sitting standing, no more lower back pains, clothes fit much much better, and surprising when I kept my stomach muscles relaxed and the girdle gave me needed control and support I found to my pleasant surprise I had much more energy and confidence, I was amazed. I also found that daily wearing a girdle helps my diet by limiting my portions and keeping me from getting fat.

If you are interesting in discussing your girdle experience come to http://www.voy.com/224381/

If you want to learn more about girdle training come to: https://toms0321.wordpress.com/

Most Active
Recent Topics