MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Vivian Prouty
on 12/21/14 9:43 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Dr. Stewart passed away last year.

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

chevygal55
on 9/25/09 1:35 pm
Dr. Paresh Rajajoshiwala at the Bridges Center in San Antonio accepts Medicaid.

ChevybyCarol.gif image by chevygal55
jfehnel
on 10/1/09 10:19 am
My doctor accepts Medicare. His name is Dr. Bajwa with Houston Mimiunm Invasive Surg of texas. He did my surgery at Herman Mememorial in the medical center. Great Doctor !! He is in the same office with Dr. Erik Wilson. Judy
Judy    
laylatnt
on 10/5/09 5:54 am - Dallas, TX
Dr. Idhe in Arlington Tx. He does RNY and LapBand. The Nutritionist costs  $350.00 above the Medicaid.

Glenn Michael Ihde, MD  
Glenn M. Ihde, MD, PA
515 W Mayfield Rd Ste 402
Arlington , Texas (TX) 76014

I need a surgeon that will do a Gastric Sleeveon Medicaid.
Please contact me at [email protected]

Thanks

Layla
texaswildflowers
on 4/14/10 12:49 pm - Red Oak, TX
Ihde no longer takes Medicaid, nor will Baylor for surgery
texaswildflowers
on 4/19/10 1:47 pm - Red Oak, TX
Idhe no longer takes medicaid because Baylor hasnt been paid by Medicaid, :(
savedbaptis1968t
on 5/24/10 5:45 pm - Gladewater, TX
MEDCAID WILL ONLY PAY FOR RNY

oliveeue
on 10/8/09 11:26 pm - Richardson, TX
VSG on 01/26/10 with
Hi Everyone, I want to thank Cherylj for telling me about Dr. Castro's Office.  I am on SS disability and have medicare.  I  have Humana Gold Plus HMO also that I pay for.  I was very confused when I started all of this as to if Humana was primary or medicare or vice versa.  I called Humana (takes 7 days to get a call back) and I called Medicare.

Medicare explained that when you pay for another plan while on medicare (as a replacement) then Medicare becomes dormant.  AGAIN this is on for a replacement insurance.  It was very confusing to me when I started this journey.  Because it is a Medicare replacement insurance, Medicare basically governs the coverage.

When I did call Humana, they advised me that there is only 1 Physician that takes my Humana AND goes to a center of excellence.  That is Dr. Castro's Group.  So I took a deep breath and hoped that I liked that one doctor or I would have to travel 2 - 3 hours for another doctor.

I did have my initial on (10/5/2009) consult with Dr. Clayton Frenzel Of New Beginnings http://nbsurgical.com/content/index.php.  I like him very much and I am very picky.  I only one complaint and its not really a complaint, its more like a deer in the headlight look.

You have to take a class that is 8 hours long and teaches you everything and anything about all the different procedures.  The cost of the class is $300.  Thats my complaint is on top of all this other and the money paying out at the time of surgery for the hospital stay etc... Now I have to put out another $300 for education. 

I absoloutly agree that this is vital to teach you that this is not a magic pill but a tool etc etc etc...  but the extra money I have to take out of my SS disabilty check and that will short me for my bills for the rest of the month. 

Other than that, this is all be pretty smooth so far.  They keep assuring me that with all the documentation in order it will be easy breezy... so we shall see.  This is a great forum and an even better thread.

Thanks all for the information
Ellen
oliveeue
on 10/27/09 2:50 am - Richardson, TX
VSG on 01/26/10 with
I am completely frustrated with my doctors office.  I have a medicare replacement plan.  I have found a doctor . 

I have numerously contacted the insurance company that is going to cover the bariatric procedure.  I have submitted EVERYTHING the doc's office needs to submit to insurance company.  

I have done tremendous research on what the medicare and my insurance plan require to be approved.

The office is telling me that Ihave to have 6 months worth of notes stating that my doctor has supervised my weightloss.  I didnt see my doctor for two of those 6 months so the office is saying I must start over. 

I contacted both the insurance company AND medicare they BOTH stated that they do not have a 6 month stated amount of time for a history.  They need notes stating the failure of weight loss.

I am fighting with them to submit the information and they refuse stating that they have to have 6 months worth of notes from doctor. 

Has anyone else run into something similar?  This is the only thing holding things up... its the doctors office that is holding them up ironically.

savedbaptis1968t
on 5/25/10 1:48 pm - Gladewater, TX
contact adocacy incorporated they can help you 1-713-974-7691

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views