MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

meggieintx
on 3/5/10 7:03 am - Fort Worth, TX
You will be surprised because our nutritional needs are a class all their own!! Its more how we eat than calories and vitamins!
Meggie
Megan 
pfenix
on 6/11/09 2:13 pm
Unfortunately this is not the extent of the ugly...and I have no idea where it actually ends! But I can say that you are playing with fire if you plan to use Medicare and do NOT go to a surgeon and a hospital that are centers of excellence.

I spent 10 months working with a surgeon whom I believed to be part of the center of excellence because he took Medicare, which turned out to be a bad assumption on my part. He is not a center of excellence and, therefore, does not take Medicare directly. Instead he uses something called Trailblazer, which, as it turns out, has its own requirements above and beyond Medicare's. One of them has to do with psychiactric illness...but I'm quite sure there are others.

My surgeon's office did drop the ball because the information that should have told them right away I could not be a client of theirs was in my initial paperwork. And to top this off, after the many month of nutrition counseling, etc., I was told that they could not do the surgery because Medicare would fine them...not true...Trailblazer would. And these companies do extensive research into your prior medical and prescription drug histories, so there is no getting around anything that you have been diagnosed with or treated for. However, much of this information is not transparent, which makes doing the research difficult as you have no idea what trap you might step into, nor are the surgeons' offices always forth-coming or competent.

I just recommend that you research your surgeon and his/her insurance policies thoroughly before diving in. Not doing this has cost me almost a year of valuable time, and I wouldn't want to see anyone else go through this if my story can help!

Blessings,

pfenix
"It is for education of today's world to realize that complete education, or absolute education, is not a process of knowing anything else. It is in fact returning from anything else to knowing oneself."

Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, Founder of Maharishi Vedic and Ayur-Veda Universities

susankmcc11009
on 2/26/10 3:40 pm - Fort Worth, TX
This may explain why many doctors are so biased against Medicare/Medicaid patients. I'm at the point where I'll be willing to travel the miles to go back to my original surgeon and get my band tightened up again. It may cost time and money but at least I'll have it done and over with.
Susan  
Pearl08
on 12/22/16 4:47 am - Fort worth , Tx

Who is your doctor please? Does he accept Medicaid? 

Mistymystique
on 3/11/10 4:08 am
This is almost word for word what my private insurance required. It is all very very sad!

Mistymystique       

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer.
--
Douglas Adams

k1e2o3n4
on 3/25/08 3:33 am

UT Physicians  1776 yorktown suite 150 houston,tx 77056 713-572-8122

Dr.Sherman Yu 

TexanLuvy
on 4/10/08 3:15 am - Cedar Park, TX
Lap Band on 08/12/08 with
I'm a newbie and just starting my journey because of Medicare woes but.... NOW in the Austin area!!! Medicare approved!! I start my 90 day Medicare required pre-surgery program next Wednesday April 16th. Support would be greatly appreciated, I'll accept friend requests, I have none right now :-( SouthWest Bariatrics 11 Surgeons- Headed up by Stephen Clark of Capitol Surgeons Group http://www.southwestbariatric.com/ Through St. Davids Hospital

Clinic and Surgical Facilities

Clinic 3705 Medical Parkway Suite 210 Austin, TX 78705 Appointments: 512.338.5024 Office Hours: M-F, 8:00am to 5:00pm Directions: The clinic is near Seton Medical Center (Lamar and 38th street area). From 38th street, turn south onto Medical Parkway. It’s the first building on the left (Austin Medical Plaza). There’s a parking garage just beyond it, across the street. We’re on the second floor. map Business Office Ph: 512.334.1885 Fax: 512.334.1890

Surgical Centers
1. St. David's Medical Center 919 E. 32nd St. Austin, TX 78705 map 2. Seton Medical Center 1201 West 38th Street Austin,TX 78705 map 3. Round Rock Surgery Center 2400 Round Rock Ave Round Rock, TX 78681 map
4. Central Park Surgery Center 900 W. 38th, Suite 200 Austin, TX 78705  
">a>
(deactivated member)
on 9/30/08 10:17 am - austin, TX
Hi, I'm a newbie too and my physician is in that group too!  I've already done the St. David's three month program.  Debbie is awesome!  Good luck to you.  I should be having surgery sometime in October.
(deactivated member)
on 4/21/09 3:20 am - austin, TX
My surgeon was Patrick Dillawn, M.D. in that same group. He takes Medicare.  He was an excellent surgeon.
trcama
on 4/16/08 2:07 am - Arlington, TX
FOR THE DALLAS, TEXAS AREA I do not know of any surgeons that will accept Medicaid. After my hospital stay I was told Medicaid will look at the medical codes and reject the invoice. However..  Medicare Doctors in Dallas are as follows... (there may be more, these are what I am aware of.) Dr. James Davidson  8210 Walnut Hill Ln, #513Dallas, TX 214) 696-2890 Also, the full bariatric clinic at UT Southwestern 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 214-645-2900 Our Surgeons

Edward Livingston, M.D.

• Open Gastric Bypass
  • Revisional Bariatric operations
  • Management of Bariatric Surgical complications

David Provost, M.D.

• Laparoscopic and open Gastric Bypass
  • Laparoscopic Adjustable Band procedures
  • Revisional Bariatric operations
  • Management of Bariatric Surgical complications

Nancy Puzziferri, M.D.

• Laparoscopic Gastric Bypass
  • Laparoscopic Adjustable Band procedures