help me if you can ........thank ya'll ..

brenda F.
on 7/13/09 10:48 am, edited 7/14/09 2:45 am - whitney, TX
my baby boy Bandit is in so much pain ,i have no moneys to have him put down ..he is crying ,its killing me i feel so helpless .is there anything i can give him ... Bandit  had hes 1st night in along time pain free about a hour after I gave him one of my pain pills he stopped crying ....i went out this morning and he was still not in pain .Bandit was licking his paws and waging his tail ...as Long as i can keep him pain free and able to pull him around on his blanket ,i well not put him to sleep .he is my son ..been thought hell and back with me ...blessings and thanks .Red and Bandit ..
was 400+ june 15th,06,..now 145-150 as of may15th,09 ... wow!!!what a ride .   
Liz_G_Tx
on 7/13/09 10:53 am
more details Red.
What kinda dog?? define pain - where, why etc. Also, thee are usually places in teh area that will put them down for free, 'love donation' etc.  Call yoru local SPCA for details.
Liz

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

brenda F.
on 7/13/09 11:01 am - whitney, TX
hes a wolf/husky..he's 15 yrs old .the pain is in his right shoulder to his paw .crippling arthritis.
Liz_G_Tx
on 7/13/09 11:08 am

bless his heart i would make a run to the drug/dollar store and get some ecotrin (buffered asprin store brand is fine) and start dosing him until you can make some calls in the morning about putting him down.  I know how scary it is.. hope he gets relief

Aspirin is ok for dogs, but not for cats. To reduce stomach irritation, use buffered aspirin or give aspirin at mealtime. For chronic arthritis pain, aspirin is a bad idea.  We have prescription drugs that are much safer and far more effective.  If your dog needs aspirin more often than once or twice a week you should change to something more effective.  

Use 5 grain (325 mg) aspirin tablets.

A 60 to 80 lb dog may be given one tablet twice a day (every 12 hours) or 1/2 tablet three times a day (every eight hours).  A 30 to 40 lb dog gets half as much; a 15 to 20 lb dog a quarter as much.  

When I was born, I cried and the world rejoiced. Now i wanna live my  life so that when I die, the world cries and I rejoice

brenda F.
on 7/13/09 11:19 am - whitney, TX
 THANKS .
Liz_G_Tx
on 7/13/09 11:23 am
hope it at least makes him comfy for tonite. There  are places in houston that will put them down for free or for  a donation. PLEASE call your local humane society, SPCA in the monring and im sure they can tell you where to take him. I know how stressful this is for both of you

shellmc2004
on 7/13/09 11:19 am - Jacksonville, TX
OOOOH I had to put one of my dogs(family member)down about a year ago. So very sorry to hear!

brenda F.
on 7/13/09 11:22 am - whitney, TX
I CAN'T FIND ANYONE THAT HAS A GUN THAT WELL DO IT ...ALL THE KIDS IN MY FAMILY GROWED UP WITH HIM ...
(deactivated member)
on 7/13/09 2:45 pm
I'm so sorry, Red.  I hope he finds comfort tonight.

hugs!!!!

Barbara
Robin S.
on 7/13/09 10:46 pm, edited 7/13/09 10:46 pm - Anna, TX
 Brenda, Call around it cost me $50. to put down a greyhound. Best of luck with it.
Robin     By the way, do you have any hydrocodene, if so break off a 1/4 and give it to him in some lunch meat
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views