Update on Justin

Susan T.
on 9/15/09 10:14 pm - Waco, TX

Good morning to all my TMB friends and prayer warriors!!

Just giving everyone an update on what we learned yesterday.  Wanted to get on here yesterday, but was crazy busy (as always on Tuesdays) and couldn't. 

Anyway, I got a call from the oncologist with the results from the bloodwork they sent to an outside lab.  As we expected, the HIV came back negative.  They also tested him for EBV (Epstein Barr Virus) and CMV (don't remember what that stands for).  He was positive for BOTH!!  The doc said the markers showed he has had both of them recently....and they both cause enlarged lymph nodes!!  He was obviously asymptomatic with both.  The last time he even had a cold was back in Feb.  He's been tired a lot the past few months - especially this summer - but I just chalked that up to him staying up late and general laziness. 

The doctor still wants us to come in on October 2 for the comparison CT to see if the nodes are starting to shrink and he wants to do some more blood work.  At this point, I think he just wants to confirm the dx and make certain it's nothing else.  He did do the right thing and remind me that there is still the slight possibility it could be other stuff....but he doesn't expect to find anything at this point.  WHEW!!

Thanks to all of you for keeping us in your prayers during this time.  Please continue to pray that the results keep showing EBV and CMV and NOTHING else.  To God be the glory!!!

Love you all!!

Susan   Cheeleader Jump 

Teena C.
on 9/15/09 10:30 pm - Crandall, TX
That is great news.

Stephanie G.
on 9/15/09 10:33 pm - Rowlett, TX

Susan I'm so glad to hear it's nothing more than a virus.  Cytomegalovirus is a very common virus in the herpes/chicken pox family and Epstein-Barr is commonly called Mono.  Both of these are typical for teens so NO WORRIES!!  Now BREATHE and go enjoy your long happy life with your son.  It's REALLY IS Woohoo Wednesday!!

About the Virus

• CMV is found throughout the world in all geographic and socioeconomic groups, but, in general, it is more widespread in developing countries and in areas of lower socioeconomic conditions
  • CMV is a member of the herpesvirus family, whi*****ludes the herpes simplex viruses and the viruses that cause chicken pox (varicella-zoster virus) and infectious mononucleosis (Epstein-Barr virus)
  • CMV is found in body fluids, including urine, saliva (spit), breast milk, blood, tears, semen, and vaginal fluids
  • Once CMV is in a person's body, it stays there for life
  • Most CMV infections are "silent," meaning they cause no signs or symptoms in an infected person
  • CMV can cause disease in unborn babies and in people with a weakened immune system

~Stephanie~
RNY revision from lapband 7/30/07...TT/BL 10/9/08 and at GOAL

Vivian Prouty
on 9/15/09 10:34 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Thanks Susan for the update.   God is so good !!!!  Prayers still going out for Justin and Momma too.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Cruise Director Julie
on 9/15/09 10:40 pm - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
Wonderful news Susan!
Blessings, Jennifer 
253 / 140 (below goal)
If I were lying, wouldn't my pants be on fire?!?
Michelle S.
on 9/15/09 10:49 pm - Burkburnett, TX
Terrific news Susan.  I will continue to pray for you both and the rest of your family!  God does answer prayers always!  Love you!  Michelle

cajungirl
on 9/15/09 10:50 pm
A definite Woo Hoo!  Will keep those prayers going.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Susan T.
on 9/15/09 11:11 pm - Waco, TX
Thanks y'all!!!  I am feeling so much better about things now. I know there's that "slight chance" it could be something else, but I choose to believe it's the other TWO viruses that have caused this.  Until the doctor tells me differently, I'm going with this Dx.  :)  I am glad he's being cautious and will continue to follow up with us until the nodes are back to normal. 

Steph, thanks for the extra info on the CMV.  I had talked with a couple of RN friends here in VA and they both just told me.... "Oh yeah, CMV.  That one is VERY common."  But, that was all they told me.  LOL
Susan   Cheeleader Jump 

Akc Crazy
on 9/15/09 11:15 pm - Bedford, TX

Amen and Amen.  Will continue to pray for the final ok but what a relief.

Love you sis

Annette 
Highest 254/ Current 173.5/ Goal 145
"One day at a time."

beckyhagens
on 9/16/09 12:34 am - New Braunfels, TX
sounds like wonderful news!  Although I don't understand it all and I have not been letting you know it, Justin and you and all of the family have remained in my prayers.

Hugs!!  Now breathe a bit honey!

Becky

forgiveness is giving up the hope that the past could be any different

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views