Let's make the TMB great again

Stephanie G.
on 3/2/10 12:47 am, edited 3/2/10 12:48 am - Rowlett, TX

The TMB used to be the BEST and BIGGEST OH state site there was.  In recent months it has dwindled to a handful.  Let's band together to once again make it good.  The new people need our support to have a successful journey and the old timers need the support to stay the course. 

Let's start by getting to know each other.  We'll do an old fashioned QOTD (question of the day).  Copy and paste the questions to your reply and fill in the blanks.  I CHALLENGE all the NEW people out there to jump onboard and tell your story.  If you've never posted before, now's your chance.  I PROMISE you will be welcomed with open arms-so let us hear from you.

1.  name

2.  Occupation

3.  Pre-op, post-op or considering weight loss surgery?

4.  What are your personal goals regarding WLS?

5. What do you struggle with regarding weight loss?

6.  What threads do you like on the TMB?

7. What would you like to see on the TMB that's not here?

8.  Do you need an Angel, buddy, support group location, doctor recommendation, workout partner or friend to help you?

9.  Do you attend support group meetings?

10.  What else would you like to share about yourself?

~Stephanie~
RNY revision from lapband 7/30/07...TT/BL 10/9/08 and at GOAL

Stephanie G.
on 3/2/10 12:57 am - Rowlett, TX

1.  name  Stephanie

2.  Occupation  Labor and Delivery RN

3.  Pre-op, post-op or considering weight loss surgery?  Post-op.  I had a revision from a lapband to a laproscopic RNY in July 07, had reached goal and completed my plastics.  I've been maintaining my weight loss for about 1.5 years.

4.  What are your personal goals regarding WLS?  To continue maintaining my weight within a 5 lb range for life. (Yikes, that sounds so hard).

5. What do you struggle with regarding weight loss?  Chocolate and snacks in general since I don't dump.

6.  What threads do you like on the TMB?  The "train" and the daily accountability thread that Karla starts each day.

7. What would you like to see on the TMB that's not here?  More questions from newbies and more active participation from those that lurk.  I would also like to see the return of so many "old timers" that have chosen to leave the board.

8.  Do you need an Angel, buddy, support group location, doctor recommendation, workout partner or friend to help you?  Luckily, I've got the best WLS friends imaginable so I have all the help and support I could ever need.

9.  Do you attend support group meetings?  Not formal ones anymore.  I was faithful for my first 18 months so that I'd establish good habits and would be successful.

10.  What else would you like to share about yourself?  I'm married, have one daughter that's in grad school and I also live with 3 adorable pug dogs.

~Stephanie~

cajungirl
on 3/2/10 1:08 am

1.  name  Dana

2.  Occupation   Analyst

3.  Pre-op, post-op or considering weight loss surgery?  Post-op 5 years

4.  What are your personal goals regarding WLS?  Get rid of GERD, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes.  DID, now high BP is back, tryclicerides and cholesterol never did get low but I did get them on the high end of the range.

5. What do you struggle with regarding weight loss?  Maintenance and chocolate

6.  What threads do you like on the TMB?  I read now more than post.  I like Karla's food thread and Mari's Monday morning weigh in thread.

7. What would you like to see on the TMB that's not here?  IDK

8.  Do you need an Angel, buddy, support group location, doctor recommendation, workout partner or friend to help you?  I know where ONE is here but haven't ventured there.  Most of the support group is lapband patients as that is what the doc mainly does but I SHOULD get myself there sometimes soon.  I can meet new people.

9.  Do you attend support group meetings?  Nope

10.  What else would you like to share about yourself?  Married, mom of 2 boys.  I enjoy reading, collecting cookbooks, creating new recipes (that I usually don't write and can't create again).

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Kris M.
on 3/2/10 1:11 am, edited 3/2/10 1:12 am - Near Dallas, TX

1.  name  Kris(of Kris and Chris fame lol)

2.  Occupation Homemaker, wife and mom to 3 great little beasties!

3.  Pre-op, post-op or considering weight loss surgery? Post-op LapBand

4.  What are your personal goals regarding WLS? I'd LOVE to lose 25ish more but I'm sooooo happy where I am now and wouldn't trade it for anything!

5. What do you struggle with regarding weight loss? Sagging skin and self-image from it

6.  What threads do you like on the TMB?
I read them all...but my Mamma told me "If you don't have something nice to say, keep your damn mouth shut!" Sooooo, I don't always post.

7. What would you like to see on the TMB that's not here? a monthly? thread for people to check in and ask for help of receive praise or whatever they need???

8.  Do you need an Angel, buddy, support group location, doctor recommendation, workout partner or friend to help you? sometimes

9.  Do you attend support group meetings? um....that's what I call the TMB dinners LOLOL!

10.  What else would you like to share about yourself? I'm always here to lend support and advice, but I usually only do so when asked....and I'm honest to a fault so if you don't really want to hear the truth...don't ask for it!

Kris M.   Ignorance is bliss...but not when you're aware of it!!

Stephanie G.
on 3/2/10 12:15 pm - Rowlett, TX
Kris, personally I love your honesty.  One always knows where they stand with you.  I like "No BS" kind of people.  Would love to see more of you on here.  You and Paige are two of the BEST examples of successful lapbanders I know.  I think you two are such good resources for banders cuz a lot of us RNY'ers don't know the correct answers to give.

~Stephanie~

Lynne R.
on 3/2/10 1:15 am - Houston, TX

1.  name Lynne Ruth

2.  Occupation Church Administrator

3.  Pre-op, post-op or considering weight loss surgery? Five year post op

4.  What are your personal goals regarding WLS? To be healthy

5. What do you struggle with regarding weight loss? Head hunger, exercise

6.  What threads do you like on the TMB? Most of them!

7. What would you like to see on the TMB that's not here? More Houston meets

8.  Do you need an Angel, buddy, support group location, doctor recommendation, workout partner or friend to help you? Always! LOL

9.  Do you attend support group meetings? Occasionally go to the Katy Krew - wish I could motivate myself to go to the Davis meetings but I'm exhausted after the babies leave.

10.  What else would you like to share about yourself? ummmmm - I have a big mouth?

Lynne

kimberlynk
on 3/2/10 1:16 am

1.  name - kimberlyn or kim

2.  Occupation - i am the PEIMS clerk for the special ed dept at newton isd

3.  Pre-op, post-op or considering weight loss surgery? i am post op.  i had my surger   jan 12,2010

4.  What are your personal goals regarding WLS? i want to lose 121 lbs total.  i have lost 37 as of today.

5. What do you struggle with regarding weight loss? right now i am struggling with the mind games and depression.  i have not been eating as healthy as i should, because i am giving in to the mind games.  i have not been exercising, taking my vitamins or getting in all my protein.  i try on a daily basis. some days i do real well, others i dont.

6.  What threads do you like on the TMB?  i like the train and the accountability threads, but i mostly like the recipes. 

7. What would you like to see on the TMB that's not here?

8.  Do you need an Angel, buddy, support group location, doctor recommendation, workout partner or friend to help you? - any and all help would be greatly appreciated. 

9.  Do you attend support group meetings? i went to my first one in feb.  i intend to attend 3 in march ( God willing)

10.  What else would you like to share about yourself? i am very blessed.  i have a wonderful husband of 23 years, two sons and a daughter.  they are very supportive and patient.

Belive in God like you belive in the sunrise. Not because you can see it, but because you can see all it touches. - C.S. Lewis

I WILL DO THIS!!!
George T.
on 3/2/10 6:31 am - Grand Prairie, TX
Hi Kim.  We all have struggled with one thing or another. 

Regarding your answer to number 5, I would say be careful.  I know exercise is important, but to be honest I did not do much of it.  More important (at least in my eyes) is the vitamins and protein.  PLEASE, for your sake, make sure you at least do that for yourself.

Become a regular here.  Discussion boards can't succeed without discussion.   I feel where TMB slowed down was with the influx of Facebook and MySpace and I think that OH included a link to them indicates that.  But we need to push on with this board, as a means of support for each other, all with a common bond.

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Stephanie G.
on 3/2/10 12:20 pm - Rowlett, TX
Kim welcome and thanks for posting.  I completely understand your struggles.  What most people don't understand is that it's like losing a loved one.  After WLS, your best friend just died...FOOD.  At less than 2 months out I didn't get all my protein or water in everyday either.  BUT, don't compromise your health with the vitamins.  They are an absolute must.  Set your cell phone alarm if you have to.  Post on the accountability thread (Karla's morning thread) with the rest of us, you don't have to be a grad to post.

~Stephanie~

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/10 1:04 pm
The cell phone alarm is a great suggestion.  Mine goes off 3 times a day for my vitamins.
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views