sorry

meggieintx
on 5/20/10 1:24 am - Fort Worth, TX
I feel like all I ever ask is for yall to pray for me but I am really getting scared. Almost balcked out this morning and couldn't remmeber my address at the pharmacy. Neuro just gave rx to take at bedtime. Well WTF do I do with a pounding head in the meantime. Have call inro her but keeeeeeeeeeeeeep me in your thought sin the mean time. I really appreciate all yall  do for me just wish I could do more for you.

Megggie
Megan 
Deedles
on 5/20/10 1:35 am - Highlands, TX
Oh Sweetie....You're always in my prayers. If it were possible I'd take a turn at relieving you of that headache. The best thing you can do for us is hang in there.
Dee ..... ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
My new G.O.A.L. ~~~~ Get Out And Live!

Includes 61lbs lost before surgery

Kim T.
on 5/20/10 2:14 am - Mesquite, TX

Please don't feel that you need to appologize to us.  You have been there for so many of us.  When I was so sick... you were always there to support us.  You DO do a lot for us.  That is why we love you so much.  We are worried about you, and I can personally say that I look for updates from you. 

I am sorry that you are feeling so bad.  I know that you have already checked this out... but do they think it could be your vitamin levels? 

You are in my prayers.  I hope that you get to feeling better soon.

-Kim T

Phyllis M.
on 5/20/10 3:31 am - Irving, TX
OH  you poor thing !!   I'm so sorry that you are dealing with that nasty headache !!  

(((((((((((((huggss))))))))))))))))))

• Pease check out Dr. Connie Stapleton's Website. A lot of good information on there for all WLS patients regardless of the surgery you chose.  Good luck to all and I'm here for you if you want to send me an email.  I'll answer it as soon as possible.  
  • Total Lost:  139 lbs
  • Current Weight:  263  
  • As of 11-10-13 I have had weight gain.  Not happy about that.
  • RNY: 10-16-07 = 338:  Highest weight: 350+  Lowest Weight: 199 

TraceyC
on 5/20/10 4:24 am - DFW, TX
Meg-
Have they done a CT yet? EKG? what meds did he prescribe? There are ways to stop migraines and then ways to keep from getting rebound ones, but the doctor has to be proactive. In the meantime you need to be proactive and figure out the cause if there is one (allergies, etc)
Good luck...keep me posted!

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

meggieintx
on 5/20/10 5:05 am - Fort Worth, TX
ct done in er friday brain is threre and fine. have never heard back from my neuro so called pcp and he wants me in er asap so ken is on his way home to take me to harris sw. they are a lot more concerened than neuros office was. this week alone I have have 3 infusions of depacon, 1 shot torodol, 2 shots demrolw/phenergan, and 50mg of topamax a night. have been on topomax now for almost 3 weeks. Can blood sugar levels cause migraines. I have been cracing and eating lots of carbs, very thirsty but not gaining weight and have Diahhrea (sp?). Worn ou so will sign off and have ken post later.

Meggie
Megan 
TraceyC
on 5/20/10 6:02 am - DFW, TX
Lots of stuff can cause intense headaches. Hypoglycemia/hyperglycemia (low and high blood sugar) can both cause intense pain. Blood pressure, stress, muscle fatigue etc are all culprits too. They test for blood sugar issues like they test for diabetes. Most RNY patients are not good candidates for the glucose testing, but they can do a fasting test on you instead. I would ask to be tested, but do NOT let them do a glucose tolerance study on you.

After three weeks I would think that they would have upped your topamax some if its not working. When I took topomax I had the reverse reaction to it and it actually caused migraines. If they increase your dose pay attention to how it makes your head feel. I also had severe word retrieval issues, which is not cool for a speech therapist. I self diagnosed and figured out that the more topomax in my system led to more intense and longer migraines. I slowly weaned myself back down and my migraines got better. Topomax is an antiseizure med so it has to be weaned, not stopped cold-turkey. I have different kinds of migraine meds now. Imitrex did not work as well for me as some of the other lesser known brands. Don't be shy to try different kinds, just don't mix and match or take a dose of one and then a dose of another. Make them admit you until they get the pain under control. You should not be allowed to suffer!

The worst migraine I had was about 2 years ago and I went to the er with it.  In retrospect, the neuro believed that it may have been a small anuerysm. My er doc didn't do a ct when I was there so it can't be confirmed. That night they gave me a shot of morphene and phenergan. The morphene barely touched the pain, but the phenergan knocked me out for a few days. It took multiple meds and days before they knocked it out completely. Afterwards I slept for like a week. My brain was just tired. 

I know a few good neuros and a few I wouldn't go back to. The best advise I got was "neurology is a new field and we don't understand much about the brain. What we do is trial and error." Comforting thought! 

Call me if you need me! Praying for you!!  

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. Walt Disney 
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/2;10728;28/st/20110112/n/Blake/dt/-1/k/3fb3/s-age.png">>

meggieintx
on 5/20/10 2:29 pm - Fort Worth, TX
feel like part pin cushion , part guinea pig. new cat scan showed nothing. Tried new drug HDE (?) ---it is evil and should be destoyed, had horrible reaction and they gave me benedryl and phenergan to settle my system down. Then tried something else didn't touchit. Finally gave me a wallop of morphine and went fromm an 8-9 on the pain scale to a 5 and they wrote me a script for more hydracodone and phenergan, told me to call the neuro in the morning and sent me home. Mom is pulling in favors to try and get me in with someone over at Southwest Medical Center. Bless her she so wants to help and I am going to let her. I am tired, very tired.
Thanks all,
Meggie
Megan 
TraceyC
on 5/21/10 1:33 am - DFW, TX
Hey girl-
So do they have you on any meds now? (besides the topomax?) The morphene will wear off and you need something to combat the migraine. Morphene isn't really for migraines, its for pain. They need to be treating the underlying cause- not just the symptoms.

I have imitrex and a few other things if you need them. Tramadol always took the edge off for me. Between it and my migraine meds I could usually function.

Let me know!
Tracey

meggieintx
on 5/21/10 2:34 am - Fort Worth, TX
hydracodone, and the pill form of depacon which i was getting by infusion and the topomax. Right now the pain is about a 4 but I amreally loopy. it beats being at 8-9 on a pain scale anyday! Imitrex Is the one drug I remeber taking before and I had really bad reaction to it. Though some one was sitting on me trying to rip my heart out!

BTW does any one else think it is funny that one of the advertisers on this massage bar thingy OH added is Dunkin Donuts?? Just saying!

Meggie
Megan 
Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views