Sorry if this has been asked before...Individual Insurance that covers Gastric Sleeve?

NatalieLautrec
on 12/11/14 12:50 pm

I am seriously considering the gastric sleeve procedure and I am trying to figure out where to begin. Currently, I do not have health insurance but I am in the process of shopping around for care. I went to healthcare.gov and it seems like every plan didn't cover bariatric surgery. I am 10 pounds away from hitting 400. I am 26 and do not want to die this young. Anyways are there any private/individual insurance that covers bariatric surgery if you live in the state of Texas?

Vivian Prouty
on 12/11/14 8:15 pm - Fort Worth, TX

Hi Natalie,

I don't have answers for you....the only thing I can say is call the individual companies and see what they will cover and won't cover.     Also if you don't already know this most bariatric surgeon's have cash pay prices that are greatly reduced and include everything.    Most also have a company where you can get a low or interest free loan ( It's like purchasing a car and paying a car payment ).   That could possibly be a solution for you if you can;t find affordable insurance that will cover it.    You are much too young sweetie to live at almost 400 lbs.    I'm praying that this happens for you.   I'm proud of you for wanting to change your life at such a young age.    Good luck to you.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

NatalieLautrec
on 12/11/14 10:34 pm

Thank you so much for your response. I really appreciate your insights and I will definitely start on those leads right away.

God Bless You,

Natalie :)

Deitra
on 9/4/17 9:52 am

Try this out they help me with my lap and and they will take your insurance trust me. It is called belightweight.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views