Resurrect Forum

kyzze
on 2/8/16 11:14 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

I would love it if we could more people to participate in the Texas weight loss forum. It would be wonderful to talk to people closer to home. Also I am looking for a Texas weith loss support group.

Don 1962
on 2/9/16 6:31 pm

Hi Kyzze,

Having been around OH since 2008 I have seen the demise of not just this board but several of them to oblivion.  FB did not help either.  OH used to have several conventions a year and for several of those one of the conventions was in Texas, Dallas or Houston.  Those were educational and some great socializing. 

FWI: I/we are 60 miles or so S/SE of Dallas.

kyzze
on 2/9/16 11:53 pm
VSG on 12/29/15 with

I'm in Austin.

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/28/16 11:26 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

I live outside Austin in the Hill Country. We should meet up!

~Elizabeth

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Batwingsman
on 10/15/16 4:35 pm - Garland, TX

Amen to all that, Don.  I especially miss the Texas OH conventions.  

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Tina B.
on 2/16/16 8:36 am - Houston, TX

Hi Ladies,

I'm back and hopefully we can resurrect the Texas forum.  I'm in Houston and back on the journey again.  I had the lap band in 2008 and lost about 40 lbs but it just didn't work for me....lots of complications.  After a couple of years of filling and unfilling, I did not like the band. I finally had it removed when I had to have gall bladder surgery in 2015.  Fast forward to today, I gained the 40 back plus 13 more lbs. I've been considering the sleeve but I think I will actually "try" eating healthier and  actually "do" some exercising.   At my age (50), my goal is to loose 51 lbs by my July 15th bday (as a present to me).

I was on the forum before and found lots of positve people that are still in the struggle to take control of their life and their health.  Best wishes and good luck to you all.

Tina

Ms. Tina  

Snickerdoodle2016
on 3/2/16 12:56 pm

I'm right there with you.

xxx06
on 3/31/16 5:23 pm

Tina

How are you doing on your goal? 

Momma_of_3
on 3/29/16 10:45 am

I also wish more people from Texas would post on here...  :(

xxx06
on 3/31/16 5:20 pm

Wow what does someone have to do to motivate people to post. Back forever ago all these forums used to be so active. Ok so I'm here let's get to posting. I'm outside of Houston looking for other to get to know support groups etc. Come one people let's get this thing moving. Put the kettle bells down push away from the protein shakes and communicate!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 23 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 100 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 410 views