Finally!

BlondeOne
on 9/14/11 5:26 am - Roy, UT
Hello everyone!

I haven't posted on here in like a year or so.

My last issue was that my BMI was 36 and I didn't have any co-morbidities, so I was trying to figure out how to get the surgery done.

Well... now over a year later, my BMI got up to 41, and had the following problems:

Planter facitis
Migraines
Lower back pain
Sleep study done and outcome was no issues (bittersweet)
Found overian cyst
Found left kidney cyst
Pre-hypertension blood pressure
Knees aching (onset of arthritis??)

So, I finally completed my 6 month supervised diet and lost 25 lbs.  I'm waiting to forward that to my weight loss Dr. next week, and hopefully my insurance will approve me so I can get a date set.  I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!

What do you all think - think they will approve me?  I'm crossing my fingers.  I just want this to be done so I can start losing the weight!!!

Highest/Surgery Weight 230 Goal Weight 140 Current Weight 190
Starting BMI 36.6 Current BMI 28
My height is 5'7.

BlondeOne
on 9/14/11 5:34 am - Roy, UT
BTW - I have Altius insurance... any info would help.  Thanks!!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/UT/4184151/Hello-fellow-Utahns/

sassyg
on 9/17/11 5:15 am
I have Aenta and I was just approved with that being said my BMI was 47 so I met the requirements just on weight alone.... No I'm not proud of that but glad by surgery is set for Oct 20.  I will be crossing my fingers for you. 

I live in Ut but will be having the surgery in AZ.  (required by my insurance) 
BlondeOne
on 9/18/11 11:10 pm - Roy, UT
Wow!  AZ huh?  That's weird.  With the excellence center being in SLC, you would think they would want you to go there.  That is where I'm going to have my surgery at.  My BMI was 41 before, and now I think I'm down to 37.  Well, thanks for your comment, and good luck on your surgery.  Keep us all posted!

My height is 5'7.

sassyg
on 9/20/11 4:59 am
I know it's crazy but according to Aetna there is not a registered center of excellence in the Sate of Utah?  It would of been nice to not have to go so far but my choice was AZ, CO, and NV so I went with AZ as it was closer... 

I will keep you posted as I get closer to the surgery.... :) 
BlondeOne
on 9/20/11 6:38 am - Roy, UT
That is way wierd because the Salt Lake Regional hospital has two Dr.'s that are registered at that center of excellence.  That is the only way that my Dr.'s would be approved.  I wonder what listing they were looking at.  I would fight that if I were you, or maybe just call them and tell them that the one is SLC is in fact a COE.

My Dr. stated last year when I saw her that she would have me do the 2 week pre-op diet of drinking only liquids so it would shrink my liver and she could go in laprascopically, so that's the freakiest thing that I think I'm looking ahead at.

Well, good luck, and yes keep me posted for sure!

My height is 5'7.

BlondeOne
on 9/20/11 7:13 am, edited 9/20/11 7:14 am - Roy, UT
http://www.bmiut.com/

Maybe provide your insurance with this link ^^^

My height is 5'7.

rnkkm
on 9/20/11 9:02 am - UT
I think it sounds like you have met everything Altius requires. 
BlondeOne
on 9/20/11 11:02 pm - Roy, UT
Hopefully so... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

My height is 5'7.

BlondeOne
on 3/7/12 2:42 am - Roy, UT
So I met all conditions and my surgery is set for March 12th! I can't wait!!
Most Active