Mental Health Eval Question

Lacee C.
on 4/9/12 10:52 am - UT
 I am going to be doing my mental health eval this coming week- what exactly are they looking for? My friend has me scared that I am going to say something wrong and my insurance will deny it because of this- 

my insurance criteria states: A-n evaluation by a­Iicensecl.mental health professional provider that specifically evaluates all of the following: any mental health or substance abuse conditions; the .emotional reaclinessand ability ofthe individual to make and sustain lifestyle  and the  adequacyof the individuafs support system

Has anyone does a mental health eval for insurance that was approved and can give me some help!! 
Jessica G.
on 4/27/12 12:34 am - UT
They just want to make sure you are will to make the change and don't have any behavioral conditions that may get in the way of your weight loss plan.

Like can you make a change? Make sure you are not anorexic or bulimic.  I thinks its pretty hard to be denied unless you are not willing or have issues with change or commitment.
~*Jessica G.*~
Doing 6 month supervised diet

Heather B.
on 11/19/12 12:17 pm - UT
RNY on 09/20/12

they want to know that you are of pretty sound of mind and that you know exactly what you are getting yourself into. They asked me what I wanted from this, why I wanted it, etc... How has weight effected my life, etc...

When you lose a lot of weight at once, hormones are released and effect you emotionally and that can really mess with your mind. They just need to make sure that you are fully prepared and mentally capable of taking on the changes that you will be bring upon yourself.

Someone that has mental issues that aren't currently being addressed may not be able to handle the changes that the body and the mind go through.

Most Active