MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

lce27
on 7/9/09 1:27 am - Woodbridge, VA
Dr. Moazzez no longer takes Anthem Health Keepers Plus. The only people are in Richimond and Warrington. Hope this helps
mrsnicolebrown
on 8/24/09 5:27 am - dumfries, VA
Do you know where in Warrenton? I have medicaid and I really dont want to travel to Richmond. Thank you!
sunsheyen
on 2/28/08 2:57 am, edited 2/28/08 3:13 am
Jennifer C.
on 4/8/08 2:59 pm - virginia beach, VA
Dr Yancey in Chesapeake, VA takes medicaid.  He is very friendly and patient oriented.  He even spent time playing with my daughter last time I was in the office,  their phone number is 757-420-5710

Mike George
on 4/30/08 8:57 pm - VA
Commonwealth Surgeons St. Mary's Hospital 5855 Bremo Road, Richmond, VA 23226 804-285-3225
MssWho Me
on 5/7/08 10:07 pm - Powhatan, VA
I went to the seminar last night to see Dr Hutcher at commonwealth surgeons I am on medicare myself and I was told they accept medicare but as other have already stated you have to go to your pcp and have a 6 mth records of attempted weight loss records Also you have to have a medical condition in addition to a BMI over 40 It makes me nervous that you can't  be pre approved I was told this is only in Va that it is so tough because of TrailBlazer Health Enterprises, LLC http://www.cms.hhs.gov/mcd/viewlcd.asp?lcd_id=23967&lcd_version=14&show=all this is their info from their site,,hopes it helps someone. Surgical treatment for primary obesity is not a covered Medicare service. CMS national policy dictates that surgery for morbid obesity is covered for Medicare beneficiaries who have all of the following: - A Body Mass Index (BMI) ≥35.
- At least one comorbidity related to obesity.
- Have been previously unsuccessful with medical treatment for obesity. (thats 6 months of pcp records) Comorbid Conditions Severe obesity is known to aggravate numerous medical conditions. Comorbid conditions for which bariatric surgery is covered include the following: - Type II diabetes mellitus (by American Diabetes Association diagnostic criteria). - Refractory hypertension (defined as blood pressure of 140 mmHg systolic and/or 90 mmHg diastolic despite medical treatment with maximal doses of three antihypertensive medications). - Refractory hyperlipidemia (acceptable levels of lipids unachievable with diet and maximum doses of lipid lowering medications). - Obesity induced cardiomyopathy. - Clinically significant obstructive sleep apnea. - Obesity related hypoventilation. - Severe arthropathy of spine and/or weight-bearing joints (when obesity prohibits appropriate surgical management of joint dysfunction treatable but for the obesity). - Hepatic steatosis without evidence of active inflammation. Though the conditions listed above need not be immediately life-threatening for Medicare to cover bariatric surgery, the condition must not be trivial or easily controlled with non-invasive means (such as medication) and must be of sufficient severity as to pose considerable short- or long-term risk to survival. Consideration of the risk-benefit for each individual patient must be used to determine that surgery for obesity is the best option for treatment for that patient and no contraindications to bariatric surgery may exist. Hope this helps
FutureWeightlossDiva
on 6/15/08 10:08 am
VSG on 04/03/14
I am on Medicaid, and I am going to Virginia Commonwealth University Obesity Surgery Center. They accept Medicaid AS WELL AS all other insurance. Thats what they said. Here's the info: James W. Maher M.D. MCV 980518 Richmond, VA 23298-0519 Phone: (804) 828-8000
lsmith2004
on 5/10/09 10:04 am - Tomball, TX

Hey Everyone I did some research from a previous post ............
University of Virgina Health System....is located 1215 Lee Street
Charlottesville, VA 22908
Tel: 1-434-924-0211

Make an Appointment

• Use our online link to Find a Doctor OR
  • Call 1-800-251-3627 or locally: 434-924-DOCS (3627)

• Make an Appointment
Find a Doctor

Find a Doctor

call 434-924-3627
1-800-251-3627
Insurance Plan Participation 

To better serve the health care needs of our community and beyond, the UVa Medical Center and its doctors, who are managed by UVa Health Services Foundation (HSF), participate in most major insurance plans. These plans include, but are not limited to:

• Insurance Participation at UVaAnthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield (formerly Trigon) – indemnity & PPO products
  • Southern Health Services, Inc.
  • CIGNA Healthcare of Virginia
  • MAMSI
  • Aetna – indemnity and PPO products
  • United Healthcare
  • First Health 
  • Virginia Health Network
  • Multiplan
  • Optima Family Care - FAMIS/Medallion II
  • Virginia Premier – FAMIS/Medallion II
  • Community Health by Optima – various employer groups
  • Piedmont Community Health Plan
  • Medicare
  • Medicaid
Justin Parsons
on 8/28/09 9:51 am - Charlottesville, VA
On May 10, 2009 at 5:04 PM Pacific Time, LASHAN S. wrote:

Hey Everyone I did some research from a previous post ............
University of Virgina Health System....is located 1215 Lee Street
Charlottesville, VA 22908
Tel: 1-434-924-0211

Make an Appointment

• Use our online link to Find a Doctor OR
  • Call 1-800-251-3627 or locally: 434-924-DOCS (3627)

• Make an Appointment
Find a Doctor

Find a Doctor

call 434-924-3627
1-800-251-3627
Insurance Plan Participation 

To better serve the health care needs of our community and beyond, the UVa Medical Center and its doctors, who are managed by UVa Health Services Foundation (HSF), participate in most major insurance plans. These plans include, but are not limited to:

• Insurance Participation at UVaAnthem Blue Cross & Blue Shield (formerly Trigon) – indemnity & PPO products
  • Southern Health Services, Inc.
  • CIGNA Healthcare of Virginia
  • MAMSI
  • Aetna – indemnity and PPO products
  • United Healthcare
  • First Health 
  • Virginia Health Network
  • Multiplan
  • Optima Family Care - FAMIS/Medallion II
  • Virginia Premier – FAMIS/Medallion II
  • Community Health by Optima – various employer groups
  • Piedmont Community Health Plan
  • Medicare
  • Medicaid
 I had mine here at UVa Medical center on Medicare. My surgeon was Schirmer, Bruce D., M.D.
LUVNMYBABYS
on 8/22/09 3:22 pm - Richmond, VA
I just received my paperwork to fill out for the first visit.  But it wants a copy of my Anthem Healthkeepers booklet that says it will cover my surgery.  I can't find it anywhere can someone please help me!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 865 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2190 views