MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Mary_RVA
on 3/29/10 9:46 am - Amelia Court House, VA
jparsons
on 4/18/09 2:59 am

Name Dr. Bruce Schirmer

If they accept Medicare and or Medcaid: i know they accept medicare but medcaid im unsure of

Phone number cant remember off the top of my head ill update as soon as i find it

Facility: University Of Virginia Medical Center

Address

PattiD13
on 12/27/09 8:04 am, edited 12/27/09 8:12 am - Marion, VA
University of Viginia Medical Center in Charlottesville does accept Medicaid.

If you are on Medicaid Medallion, there is no required supervised weight loss program before starting testing. Other versions of VA Medicaid do have that requirement, because I was told that I had to have that if I did not have Medcaid Medallion.

You are required to get a letter of medical necessity from your PCP.

You are expected to attend an informational seminar before making an appointment and getting referred to a surgeon.

You will have a psych evaluation, and EGD, and blood work among other things. You will also get a preop evaluation of your heart and lungs.

I am seeing Dr. Peter Hallowell, he is part of Dr. Schirmer's team.

The office number for Hallowell is 434-243-4811.

Carla C.
on 5/17/10 5:33 am - Norfolk, VA
Norfolk Surgical Group
Sentara Heart Hospital
6th Floor Suite 89630
600 Gresgan Drive
Norfolk, VA  23507
757-388-6120

Dr. Fontana did my surgery with Dr. W.  All wonderful Surgeons here.... Front desk staff is amazing.... Great staff all around, from Nutrition to Nurses and office staff...

I interviewed more than 5 practices before I decided on my surgery.  I interviewed about 12 Surgeons, and I got the best...

Carla

Madison9999
on 2/6/13 4:36 am

Matthew A. Fitzer, M.D. Reston, Virginia Virginia Bariatric Surgery Center
www.Virginiabariatric.com P:888-518-2779

I called today, (2.6.2013) and asked if their office participated with MEDICAID / Anthem Health Keepers Plus and  she advised YES. and walked me through registering online and filling out patient info, and scheduled a Seminar that I could watch via Skype for tomorrow night at 7pm. After watching this seminar, I need to contact the office back and  schedule a consult.
I hope this info helps.
jhope88
on 3/8/13 10:48 pm

Does anyone know if Medicare or Medicaid pays for reconstructive/plastic surgery after weight loss? I would like to know if Virginia Medicaid and Medicare cover removal of excess skin or a body lift. Any info is greatly appreciated!

flystylist4u
on 7/1/13 7:38 pm - Emporia, VA

Hello Ms. Bullock

I was recently referred to Dr. Datta by my pcp for WLS. I have been trying to find/ research his credentials and all I have been able to find is that he is a general surgeon. Do you have any insight that you could share with me? I am very nervous about the procedure and trying to make sure I am in capable hands of a physician that has performed this type of surgery previously and not just "getting his feet wet" in the field.

Thank you

velencia bullock
on 11/25/10 12:41 pm - hopewell, VA
Hello My name is Velencia Bullock

If their is anyone in the tri city area interestd in WLS, their is a new clinic in Peterssburg Va 23805...Southside Metabolic and Bariatric Center. It is headed by a surgeon name Dr. Tejwant Datta, who worked @ John Hopkins Hospital with excellent credentials. I attended the information session Monday and met thesurgeon and his team and they were excellent!

Southside Metabolic & Bariatric Center
40 Medical Park Blvd
Petersburg Va 23805
(804) 504-7900
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 865 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2190 views