Dr. Halmi

Ms Court
on 4/13/09 10:04 am - Remington, VA
Wanted to say Welcome.  I had Dr. Anez so I can't really answer your questions but wanted to welcome you to the board.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Denise V.
on 4/13/09 10:46 pm
Good Morning,
Thank you for the welcome, I see you are also in Manassas....  We are neighbors :)
~*~Denise~*~
Proud Wife to Ben 9/14/04
Proud Mommy to Zoeyann 9/30/08
Ms Court
on 4/17/09 4:12 am - Remington, VA
Yes we are!  I was born & raised here.  :)

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

caroline2622
on 4/13/09 11:34 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Denise      I do not know Dr Halmi, but have heard he is an excellant surgeon.  If you are truly considering surgery. Suggest you have the surgery at Fair Oaks Hospital. Great support Hospital system.     I do not recommend having the surgery at Potomac Hospital.    i had surgery there is the past.   Poor quality and anesisist denigned any issues during surgery yet the surgeon reported intebations issues.    Chief anesisist lied to the surgeon as well.   

You want the deserve the best and Fair Oaks Hospital is the best in NO VA .  

I had VSG surgery, so am not anyone to judge as I am not in your shoes.   I understand your concerns about gaining the weight back. Sure we all carry those fears.    I hear Julies concerns for you and hope you make good choices.    

Keep in touch  and Welcome to Virginia Forum. 

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Denise V.
on 4/13/09 10:50 pm
GOod Morning,

Thank you for the reply!  I have not yet gotten to research the hospitals, but am planning to start.  I am glad that you shared the info with me, as I was leaning towards Potomac as it is the only hospital I know of besides Prince William (still new to town)...

I will defiantly do my research!
Thanks again!
~*~Denise~*~
michelleg111806
on 4/13/09 12:18 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/23/09 with
Hi  Denise -

I used Dr. Tran and Bluepoint Surgical for my RNY and couldn't recommend them more.  Good Luck with your revision.

Also, just wanted to state, I used Potomac Hospital and had absolutely no problems.  The IV which was administered by the Anethesiologist was the absolute best I had ever gotten.  It was in for 4 days with absolutely no pain or bruising.  The Head Bariatric Nurse came to my room everyday to check on me.  Everyone was very attentive and helpful.  I would also recommend Potomac Hospital.

Good Luck

Lost Since Surgery:

6 feet tall
All-Time High - 385lbs

Denise V.
on 4/13/09 10:52 pm
Hello There!
Thank you for your reply!  I am lad to hear so many people have such good things to say about Bluepoint, it really does help with my 'fears'!

I am a firm believer that each hospital has its ups and downs, and each person will have a different experience.  Therefore all I can do is research, research, research and that is what I plan to do :)

Thanks again!
~*~Denise~*~
Melissa N.
on 4/13/09 12:27 pm - Stafford, VA
I had my LAP RNY performed by Bluepoint surgerical group as well.  They have agreat staff and great surgeons.  Ihave my surgery at Potomac and did great.  You have choosen a great group of people there.!

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Denise V.
on 4/13/09 10:53 pm
That is grear news!  Thank you.  I am also wondering about their aftercare?  How is that?
~*~Denise~*~
Melissa N.
on 4/14/09 10:27 am - Stafford, VA
Their aftercare is wonderful.  I am at the point of seeing them at every three months.  THey have a messageboard on their website as well.  www.vwlsc.com  Their Nut, Brittany is wonderful.  You are able to email her with any questions.  They also have a support group on the first Thursday of the month. 

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 865 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2190 views