Kaiser covers the sleeve?

thereason79
on 11/14/09 12:20 pm
I have to second what everyone else said here about Kaiser. They were definitely not my first choice, I was very happy with HealthNet, but they denied VGS, and after my appeal, I was denied again. I wasted about two years with them, and finally went back to Kaiser. A a former member, I've been very impressed with the changes they have made for a HMO. I had my own private room, and the medical staff were just great during my recovery.

The process does take an year with the orientation, lifestyle classes and such. Please do take advantage of these options, looking back now I'm glad they held me accountable for the things I needed to do. I tried to use my gallstones as an excuse to try to expedite my surgery date, but they did not fall for it, and in the end I had to lose the required 10% pre-surgery weight.

If you are able to lose your 10% weight, from your weigh in day, the whole process will take less than a year (at least that is the case here in Northern California). Good luck to you, and again, I agree with other posters that Kaiser's process for VGS is much easier.
Mandyplus2 ..
on 11/14/09 10:38 pm, edited 11/14/09 10:43 pm - GA
So they require everyone to lose 10% of their weight? Do they still go by the starting weight, since that would drop me below the 40 BMI?

Oh also, with Kaiser, can I still go to any Emergency Room? I have bad back problems and gall bladder problems that have sent me to the ER twice in the past 6 months.

I talked to DH about changing insurance to Kaiser. We really really love our pediatrician that we have and I hate to lose her (I drive 45 minutes just to take the kids to her, that's how much I love her!), but he said we can always switch back to Aetna eventually if we want.

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 12:18 am - Woodbridge, VA
Is your insurance through your employer or through your husband's employer? Is there a way you can get Kaiser for yourself through your employer and keep your family on another insurance through his employer? Come January, my husband and I will be on different insurances through our own employers - much more affordable in our case.
Mandyplus2 ..
on 11/15/09 12:36 am - GA
I am a SAHM so it's through my husband's employer.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views