How long did it take you to lose 100 ???

goldiekat
on 1/24/10 6:59 am - Vega, TX
Sorry to hi-jack but I love that avatar, and would love to find a shirt with it lol. 
Goldiekat^..^ Jeanette Petersen
Mother of three skin kids, three dogs, two gliders & two bratty cats
Mack
on 1/24/10 6:00 am - Logan, OH
It has taken me about 7 months total to loose 100 pounds. 20 pounds in the six weeks pre-op, and 80 pounds in the 5 months post op. This has included a couple of stalls, and I have slowed down to about a pound or so a week for the last couple of months. But it is still coming off!

About the fastest I have seen someone who did not have way more than 100 pounds to loose was LarryG. He says he lost 30 pounds a month for each of the first three months and then 10 pounds the fourth month.  His wife was a veteran sleever so that might have helped him with that phenomenal weight loss.

How fast you loose has many factors including age, how long you have been overweight, how much you have to loose, and conditions such as insulin resistance and diabetes, and how much you can exercise.

Most people start out loosing 10-20 pounds a month initially, and that drops to 4-8 pounds a month, slowing down over time.

CAUTION: Make sure Brain is engaged before putting Mouth into gear!!

Starting Weight 354/  PreOP 335/  Current 249/  Goal 195

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/10 10:55 pm - arizona
hey mack...what you wrote is PARTLY true...i did drop 100 in 4 months...

however...the wife pretty much left me alone...she wasnt mean about it, but she knows me and how wonderfully pig-headed i am, and she just knows better...it was sink or swim, buddy...and i guess i swam!   
Mack
on 1/25/10 4:55 am - Logan, OH
I don't know.  Loosing a pound a day for 90 days straight, on your own and without stalls, is getting right into the "Don't hate me because I am Beautiful!" area.

It would be nice to know you at least struggled a little bit....

CAUTION: Make sure Brain is engaged before putting Mouth into gear!!

Starting Weight 354/  PreOP 335/  Current 249/  Goal 195

salem4444
on 1/24/10 7:56 am - Canada
Thanks everybody! I know I cannot compare, or shouldn't have time goals, but I need a knee surgery after I will have lost 100, so I just wanted to know if it could be this year...
Congratulations all on your weight loss, if we add it all, it's more than a thousand pounds!!
                                              HW 320 SW 299  goal W 150 CW 138 (5' 7 " ) 
At Goal !!!

Jody B.
on 1/24/10 9:16 am - Corsicana, TX
I lost 15 pre op and have lost 87 since then.  I belive I hit 100 close to my 6 month anniversay.  Again, I had and have a LOT to lose.  I'm 62, so those things are contributing factors...one way or another.

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/10 11:00 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I do not count any weight I lost pre-op because I don't attribute that to my surgery. Since the morning of surgery, I have lost 98 pounds. I will be 10 months out on Wednesday. I've been pretty much stalled for the past 3-4 months until just last week when I lost 4 pounds, so things are just starting to get moving again...slowly  :)
Tami P.
on 1/25/10 5:05 am - San Diego, CA
Since surgery I have lost 90 pounds. I will be 8 months out next week. I am hoping to be at 100 lbs down by 9 months. I did lose 18 lbs pre-op as well.

I am 5'4" HW 273 SW 255 CW 162.4
First Goal(s): Weigh less than hubby(DONE) and One-derland(DONE)!!! 
Second Goal: Weigh 170 (what I weighed when hubby and I dated and got married) (DONE)!!!
Third Goal: Reach a normal BMI (145 lbs)
USAF Wife
on 1/25/10 6:15 am
5.5 to 6 months for me to hit the 100 pound loss mark since my revision from band to sleeve. I didn't have a pre-op diet so no weightloss prior to the revision. I'm 33, and started at 263 the day of my revision, today at almost 8 months out, I'm hoovering at 143-144.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active