Pouch Test!!

Kelly T.
on 3/2/10 3:04 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I'm at home recovering from gallbladder surgery.  I've decided that this is the perfect time for me to do the 5 day pouch test!  I would love it if I could drop 5 or 6 pounds.  Has anyone had success with weight loss on the pouch test??  I would love to have some extra motivation!
Kelly
"Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels".

Cristin S.
on 3/2/10 9:10 pm - North Texas, TX
A bunch of us just finished the pouch test. The weigh in post has not been posted yet but I can tell you I lost 4.2 pounds! The first 2 days were a bit hard but not too bad. After the liquid phase it was easy. I say do it! 

Good luck and keep us posted! Here's to a speedy recovery from your surgery! 

XOXO
Cris

Jean in the I E
on 3/3/10 12:03 am - Fontana, CA
Hi Kelly,

I was going to start the 5 day pouch test on Friday. We can cheer each other on!!! It'll be a good "re-start" :)

Jean  I'm 45, 5' 4-1/2" -- 315/272/230 -- 43 lbs lost pre-op
"Progress, not perfection..." ~Dr. Roger Gould
Breast reduction & lift - 11/11/11 (sooo wonderful!!!)

Kelly T.
on 3/3/10 12:20 am - Woodbridge, VA
Good!  I started today.  So far, so good! 
Kelly

Irishsweettart
on 3/3/10 1:09 am - North Las Vegas, NV
What is the pouch test? :)

SuziJones
on 3/3/10 3:49 am
Totally do it and post daily pouch threads! I'm sure other's will join in!

I'm acutally on day four of the test and doing good! Even though I'm still on the pureed stage, so I've modified the test a bit to fit where I am in the post-op diet.

Good luck and post so I can cheer you on!!
*big supportive hugs*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.  ~Michael Jordan 
My Goals:
1) 200lbs ACCOMPLISHED
3) 170lbs
4) Run 5K
"Unneeded food is not any less wasted in a body that doesnt need it, than it is in the trash." ~Brandilynn
 "Those that will not be governed by God will be ruled by tyrants." ~William Penn

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
onerland-2.jpg My Onerland!! picture by minnlay
Kelly T.
on 3/3/10 12:02 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Heidi...it's going back to the basics.  Exactly where you're at right now!  You may want to know about it if your weight loss ever slows down.  5daypouchtest.com 

Anyway, made it through my first day.  I actually made that sausage pumpkin soup....but I couldn't find pumpkin in three different grocery stores!  It still tasted good, though.  It's very rich.  If I still had my gallbladder (lost it last week-yay!), it would be an instant gallbladder attack, though.  It has sausage, whipping cream and sour cream.  Ouch.

Anyway, day one is done.  On to day 2!!
Kelly

Kelly T.
on 3/3/10 2:24 pm - Woodbridge, VA

Oh, geez.  I'm still awake.  There's a baggie with chocolate chips in my nightstand and I WANT THEM!!!

I'm going to try and be strong.

Kelly

Most Active