verticalsleevetalk.com?

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/10 11:31 pm - Brandon, FL
Awesome, thanks!

Now if there was some easier way to navigate to view past topics... especially with 500+ pages and you can't go to one specific page right away, then things would be golden. :)
Lee ~
on 4/18/10 12:25 am - CA
I'm there as well.  Same username.  I had never heard of the Sleeve when my doctor recommended that I have WLS.  I made my way to lapbandtalk.com and from there found verticalsleevetalk.  Once I discovered the Sleeve, I knew I wouldn't have any other surgery.   I was so grateful that my Kaiser started doing the Sleeve the month before my surgery consult.

Come visit at verticalsleevetalk.  Lot's of great people and wonderful information to share there as well. 

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

stacie947
on 4/18/10 2:03 am
I"m over there too as Charmed but I barely post. I barely post here either but I like to read.

Be humble or you will stumble.

bikerchickk
on 4/18/10 2:17 am - Sequim, WA
Maybe I will go there and forget about this one and all the crap that is here now.
Summer

Height 5'6"  HW 263 SW 239 LW 142 From size 20/22 to size 5/6   

At 4 years out I crept back up to 180 now working my way back down. CW 173 size 10

akindofmagick
on 4/18/10 3:18 am - MD
Unfortunately, "all that crap" goes on over there, too. I left VST months ago. Been back twice, not logged in, not to post, just to check on a few peeps I'd come to care for (like tiffykins/Air Force Wife!!). I understand the VST/LBT site owner is paid by one of the doctors most touted over there... and this all too often results in tension, bickering, and name-calling of the "my doctor is better than your doctor" level of juvenile, waspish, even catty behavior.

I do prefer the usability features of the VST forum (based on php code) far better than that of the OH forum:  search is simple, and I love the ability to "show latest posts since last time you visited", so you don't have to go down into each thread, but blocking is easier here on OH, making for a generally more serene and informative experience here. 

Both sites are useful.  Ya just gotta decide how much time you can allocate to the forums - and where best to spend it.

I do wish people would use the same screen name in both sites, tho....

My two cents!

Sheri

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

Renee B.
on 4/18/10 11:27 am

NO!! PLEASE don't leave!!! I love reading your comments!!!
Renee

br-john
on 4/18/10 2:57 am, edited 4/18/10 3:00 am - Victoria, Canada
I don't think I'd leave either one.  There is a lot of good information out there and good people on each one.  Just ignore the one's doing the crapping

I did not know about the sleeve either until I was just wandering around the web one day and found the verticlesleevetalk site.  I did a couple of days of research and just knew that this was the one for me.
Up to that point, I was on the RnY list.

We have wickedly long wait periods here in Canada but at least it is not money out of pocket.  It can sometimes be 2 years or longer before you get your surgery.

goodlife
on 4/18/10 3:21 am - Mandeville, LA
I stay totally away from the doctor wars threads...I don't see very many of them over there.
I don't have a dog in that fight so there's no need for me to even read them.
My philosphy is take what you need, help when you can, and leave the rest.

Most Active