- HEALTH TRACKER
I am 4 weeks out from my surgery! This is the best thing I have ever done! I am eternally greatfull to my friend Kristyn for being so open about her procedure, to my oh friends, and to my friends & family for being so supportive of me while I am on this journey! J
Here are 10 things I have learned in the past 4 weeks!
1. At some point most will have buyers remorse, but eventually it goes away.
2. The 2 week liquid pre-op diet was not as bad as it sounds, for me it was like I was in basic training for what was to come. J
3. Getting in all your liquids/proteins/vitamins takes a concious effort…all day long…sip sip sip. ( I used to be a chugger of h2o)
4. Listen to your body, it will tell you what it does and does not like food/protein/drink wise.
5. Walking really does help the healing faster! I have walked everyday since surgery…and let me tell you if I have indigestion after I eat, I walk and that usually helps quite a bit.
6. Protein drinks are my friend…I found some great ready to drinks at costco, and then I have powdered vanilla nectar at home.
7. I love www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com she has great recipe tips for purees, and us just starting out!
8. The sleeve is not MAGIC…it’s a tool I have to work at every single day!
9. I am suddenly aware of the volumes of food that everyone arround me is eatting…thinking Man that is a lot of food. I ate that much just 6 short weeks ago!
10. This is process is a journey, I talk about it all the time, its on my mind all the time, what am I going to eat/did I get my vitamins in? how much have I lost? I am sure I am irritating some of my loved-ones with non-stop sleeve talk.
11. I am getting more comfortable telling people I had the surgery…because if my friend who had lap band wouldn’t have been so open with me, then I would have never gone to see her surgeon, and would have never gotten this awesome tool!