Actual Pictures of my staple line,sleeve, other stuff via endoscopy & exploratory sx

USAF Wife
on 4/27/10 2:29 am, edited 4/27/10 2:30 am
During my gallbladder surgery on February 4, 2010, my surgeon also did an endoscopy, along with an exploratory of my abdominal cavity. He took down a bunch of scar tissue/adhesions as well.

I finally figured out my scanner.

Staple line:

Inside the sleeve from the top

Gallbladder

Liver and some of that lovely scar tissue that had to be taken down

Side view of the staple line/sleeve

Misc adhesions

Scar tissue in abdomen

Colon and Small bowel with a big piece of scar tissue that was taken down

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

sheluvz2ski
on 4/27/10 2:48 am
Wow...interesting pictures!  Thanks for sharing!
Lisa T.J.

10 lbs lost pre-op
snowbaby
on 4/27/10 2:59 am - Durango, CO
Wow, cool photos. What are the adhesions and scar tissue from???

Sue
USAF Wife
on 4/27/10 3:08 am
I had laproscopic band surgery October 2008, Sleeve revision June 3, 2009, then a leak repair on June 5th. Drains were placed after the leak repair. The band caused a lot of the scar tissue with the tubing, and port issues I had.My surgeon removed a lot of scar tissue during my revision as well.  6 weeks post-op from revision, I was hospitalized again for a week. Abscesses ,even while being on antibiotics upon discharge, had developed in my abdominal and pelvic cavity, drains were placed again.

So, after 3 surgeries, 2 drain placements, and the trauma to my abdomen I developed a lot of scar tissue. These are only half of the pictures that he took, he kept the other half for my hard file.

Between the 4 surgeries, gallbladder included, and drain placements all in 16 months, I have 15 scars on my abdomen. It kind of looks like a connect the dot/incision lines activity page. For some reason, my body has always produced a lot of scar tissue to help heal itself. I've had to have scar tissue removed from my leg due to 2 knee surgeries back in the 90's.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

hotmamma1
on 4/27/10 4:45 am
VSG on 04/15/10 with

Wow, so interesting! So sorry you had to go through all of that, what a tough women you must be!

Renee B.
on 4/27/10 3:53 am, edited 4/27/10 5:11 am
WHoA! These are some neat pictures! I have been wanting to see pics of the sleeve form both the inside and outside.  Your sleeve seems to have healed really well.  This just adds confidence to my decision to get the sleeve.  Thanks for sharing.  I love these!!
Renee
Kenwillmore
on 4/27/10 3:54 am
Interesting, thanks for sharing.

HW: 258 SW: 248 GW: 150  

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/
Waning Woman
on 4/27/10 5:32 am - TX
Cool!
    Follow my journey at http://waningwoman.com/
enchanteddj
on 4/27/10 6:39 am
Thank you for sharring!!
Chasman
on 4/27/10 7:36 am
Even on the inside you look great...LOL!

Cheers,
Chas

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views