Complications from my sisters surgery - Dr Almanza Reyes: Tijuana Mexico

Prissy4115
on 6/2/10 12:15 pm
To Everyone:  Thank you very much for the thoughts & prayers going up for my sister (too add a name to the list her name is Beverly).  We appreciate every prayer that is being sent up for her and know that God is watching over her daily. 

Someone asked if she had children, she has one son who turns 25 years old tomorrow and one step daughter who is 18 years old. 

Update on her today: Not a whole lot of change, but she has dropped 8 lbs of fluid.  When she went in for her surgery in Mexico she weighed around 249 (somewhere in that ballpark).  As of yesterday her weight was 320ish (she has so much fluid buildup). 

Please continue to pray for her and I will keep you all updated on her progress.

Also, if you could send a prayer up for our dad (Ronnie) he is going in the hospital tomorrow for a test/procedure on his heart.

Thanks so much & God Bless you all!  God is Good, always remember that!
RoseyNo
on 6/2/10 8:59 pm
Prayers going up for your sister.  My sister-in-law's cousin went to Mexico for her surgery because she was only 50 pounds overweight and they would NOT do it in the US.  She died from complications after she came home at 30 something years old.  Left behind two small daughters....very very sad.

Questions2012
on 4/25/12 2:53 pm
 Hello Prissy4115-
I read your about your sisters experience, so sad.  I'm hoping your sister recovered fully. I am not sure how this works on here with my posting a reply, but if you do still come on here, Im hoping to get some answers to unknown questions, my father recently had the same surgery.. And is currently in ICU as well. Please let me know if you still come on here!

Thank you.
bav285
on 8/18/12 9:09 pm - CA
Hello,
I am planning on VSG with Dr. Almanza on Sept 5, 2012.  Would you tell me how your father is doing and what type of complications he had and if you know why he had the problem.

Thank you,

BAV285
abbierose32
on 9/14/12 1:32 am, edited 9/14/12 1:33 am - new britain, CT
So sorry about your sister's surgery.  I know I am responding two years later but I had something similar happen to me in 2004 except it was done here in the states and it was caught two days later.  It turns out the doctor was not experienced in performing lap bands and also in attempting to put on the band over and over again with difficulty punched a hole in my stomach.  I sued the hospital for $325k. Let me know how she did at [email protected]
msliz
on 1/7/13 6:02 am

Dear Prissy, I see this post is dated over 2yrs ago. I have prayed for Beverly and hope you will give readers an update and that she has healed and is thriving today. Best wishes

Whizkid
on 8/9/14 2:17 pm

That doctor scares me! When I was in Tijuana with Dr. Ramos, Almanza did the sleeve on a 13 YEAR OLD!!! Who was NOT very over weight, parents were afraid of being overweight in later years. Then they were up sold on having CHILD'S GALLBLADDER REMOVED!! There was nothing wrong with it. Child was only in clinic for 10 hours then sent to hotel. Child was in horrible pain and had no medication. Dr. Almanza gives WSL a bad reputation! I mean A KID!!! Put them in a sport if you are worried!

Tresia S.
on 2/7/15 10:20 am - Italy, TX
with

Hey!! I was there the same time! I knew the little kid! his dad wanted to prevent him from being coming obese. That was August the 4th in this last year. we were all pretty mad about that!I also had Dr Kelly :-)

Thanks!

Tresia :-)  

Tresia S.
on 2/7/15 10:08 am, edited 2/7/15 10:09 am - Italy, TX
with

I have a friend Dr Almonsa did his surgery.... he had his stomach completely made too small! He couldn't drink. Bariatric doctor is here in the States said that it was the size of a toothpick.they tried to send a balloon in there but didn't work. The stomach since then has fused together and now he's going to have to go to Dr Kelly in Mexico to get his entire stomach removed to save his life! Nobody in America will touch him. He's well below weight and he's on a feeding tube just to get strong enough for the surgery. Please people, be careful who you go to! Dr OrtizZ, Dr Almanza, they do not know what they're doing! I've heard stories about Dr O. he has not been a bariatric surgeon for long. Heard of many people with complications and a couple deaths just recently. I don't know that for absolute certain but that's what I've heard online doing research.search Mexico for an American board certified bariatric surgeon. There are three of them, Dr Kelly happens to be a sleeve expert! I'm not a coordinator and I get nothing for telling you this. He did my surgery and he's an amazing Dr

Thanks!

Tresia S.
on 2/7/15 10:17 am - Italy, TX
with

.I totally believe you! I have a friend who might die from Dr Almanza! He went and had surgery 1 day before I did we met in the hotel. I had Dr Kelly a great doctor! American board-certified bariatric surgeon who knows what he's doing. But my friend was not so lucky. Dr Almanza made his sleeve so small that the Bariatric doctor in Chicago said its the same size as a toothpick the opening from the esophagus to the stomach. He cannot eat or drink he sips all day long just to keep from getting massively dehydrated. he survived 6 months on liquid protein and nothing but liquids. He is very thin! Below his ideal weight. He starting to look like a Holocaust victim. doctors here in the states don't know how to fix it and won't touch him. He is going to Dr Kelly in Mexico to get his entire stomach removed! A drastic procedure and he has to get on feeding tubes in order to just be strong enough to survive the surgery. please be careful people! Dr Ortiz is no better.....I've heard a lot of stories. if they're not credentialed and Bariatrics don't go there! Mexico does not have a bariatric certification. So you have to search for an American board certified bariatric surgeon in Mexico. There are three of them. Dr. Kelly is one. If you don't want to go to him there are two others that are more expensive than you will walk home and be alive

Thanks!

Most Active