Loose Skin

MsPrincess
on 7/12/10 1:05 am - New Haven, CT
Oh my goodness, sagging skin huh?

Ok listen, I was so big my knees could barley hold up my weight.  I was afriad to go to sleep because I thought I may not wake up, my sleep apnea was that bad.  At 5"4, and 394 pounds and a host of health problems,  I was looking at a slow and painful death.

Hanging skin?  Who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I"m down to 270 and is still losing.  I am a very happy woman!
Thank you JESUS for the sleeve!!!!!

But don't get me wrong, tummy tuck here I come!

But coming from a size 32 and now in a 20 slipping to a 18 is a really good thing!

In other words, stop worrying about nothing!

Starting Weight- 394

Weight as of July 12, 2010-  270

PRINCESS

OldMedic
on 7/12/10 1:07 am - Alvaton, KY
Whether or not you will have loose skin depends on several different factors.

How fat you were to begin with; how resilient your skin is; your age; and your own genetic makeup.

The younger you are, the more likely that you will not have much extra skin.

There is NO way to prevent it, there is no cream or exercise that will dimini**** and all of the hype out there that claims that it will reduce excess skin is exactly that, HYPE.  It's just a way to take your money.

If you have an apron of fat that hangs down in front of your stomach, that will never go away.  It will shrink some, as the fat cells shrink, but the only way to get rid of it is through surgery.

A former Army Medic (1959-1969), Registered Nurse (1969-2000), College Instructor (1984-1989) and a retired Rehabilitation Counselor.  I am also a dual citizen of the USA and Canada.

High Weight 412 lbs.                    Date of Surgery 360.5                                 Present  170 lbs   

blondie0803
on 7/12/10 2:33 am
Yes, I have some loose skin starting. I have the flappy arms and I have noticed some wrinkling on my lower abdomen/chest and inner/upper thighs as well. Some women have posted that after a year or two the loose skin didn't appear so bad so my fingers are crossed that my body will tighten up over time and with hard work.

Good luck and try not to worry about it. I was really concerned before surgery too but even though I am not thrilled about it, it really is not that big of a deal.
Weight on Day of Surgery: 261lbs
Current Weight: 152
 lbs                
I am 5'3" and 29 years old. 
Tummy Tuck done on 3/6/12 w- Dr. Vincent DiNick
BL/BA done on 6/23/12 w-Dr. Vincent DiNick

soon2loseit
on 7/12/10 4:03 am
I am early out, but my arms are really flabby (I have always had are issues anyways) I have noticed that my calved are a little flabby too....well I guess all of me is but I am losing inches and pounds and looking and feeling better every day!
Soon2loseit    
Most Active