Is Mexico safe? For Vertical Gastric Sleeve?

pena_jerome
on 7/13/10 2:36 pm - eagle pass, TX
 How safe is Mexico right now i hear alot of stories i want to go to save money as my Insurance won't pay a penny please let me know if any has gone to Mexico recently? Like Acuna, Piedras Negras or other Texas/Mexico Border? 
susan irizarry
on 7/13/10 3:11 pm - Port St. Lucie, FL
VSG on 04/12/10 with
I had a wonderfull experience with Dr. Alvarez at Piedras Negras,I felt safe and everything was organized from the time we landed in San Antonio.But I see your town is eagles pass? That is the town right over the border from Piedras Negras where Dr. Alvarez is. I would recommend Dr. Alvarez and his team to anyone.

tumblewe
on 1/9/16 5:35 pm

hello, could you tell me what it  cost and when you were able to come home? how long did you have to stay

Britt U.
on 7/13/10 4:01 pm - Mill Creek, WA
I'm probably not much help. I went to Mexicali for my surgery with Dr. Aceves. The crime rate there is one of the lowest in Mexico - for example the murder rate is about the same as Wichita, Kansas. There are lots of factories and food production facilities so the economy is good and fairly middle class. It looked very safe to me with families out walking around, etc.

But that might be farther than you want to go. Great experience though - amazing care. It was the easiest surgery I ever had.
Linda S.
on 7/14/10 12:38 pm - Acworth, GA
On July 13, 2010 at 11:01 PM Pacific Time, techgirl wrote:
I'm probably not much help. I went to Mexicali for my surgery with Dr. Aceves. The crime rate there is one of the lowest in Mexico - for example the murder rate is about the same as Wichita, Kansas. There are lots of factories and food production facilities so the economy is good and fairly middle class. It looked very safe to me with families out walking around, etc.

But that might be farther than you want to go. Great experience though - amazing care. It was the easiest surgery I ever had.
Ditto this. =D
Linda
My Blog - http://mwlj2010.blogspot.com/

nicknato
on 7/13/10 5:04 pm - Canada
I had mine done in Peurto Vallarta and it was an incredable experience. I can't honestly say I'd go anywhere close to the US Broder but PV was amazing!
sam30204
on 7/13/10 10:43 pm
 I had mine done in Mexicali with Dr Aceves and loved him! You can read about my experience on the mexico forum, Good luck

Be nice to nurses....we keep doctors from killing you!

p3bbl3s2500
on 7/14/10 1:28 am - San Jose, CA
VSG on 07/08/10 with
I just had mine done with Dr. Alverez in Piedras negras and I loved it! My best friend, his mother and sister all at different times had gone to see him. They all had an amazing experience as well. I was so worried as this was my first time traveling out of the states. (not because of the docter, i have my own 3 personal vsg buddies) Everything was so organized and Rosy is so calming the travel from eagle pass over border was a breeze. She was pointing out some really cool things I wish I could have gone sight seeing while there! The nurses are so nice and take VERY good care of you. I'm glad I didn't listen to my head and went and would recomment Dr.Alvarez to anyone!
VSG done by Dr. Guillermo Alvarez 07/08/2010              www.endobariatric.com

z9y8x7
on 7/14/10 2:21 am - San Antonio, TX
VBG on 06/18/10 with
I went to Dr. Alvarez last month in Piedras Negras.  I felt totally safe.  My mom came with me and she went out to eat by herself and went shopping for toys for her grandkids.  She was quite skeptical on the way down (she does not speak Spanish) but as soon as Jessica, Dr. Alvarez' English assistant, showed her around and she was off! 

Best of luck!

skyjem
on 7/14/10 3:06 am - Canada
Hi, just a warning. Be aware of Dr. Joffe. He works in Mexico. Just look up his name and you'll find out all you need to know.
Safe searching.
Most Active