PreOp Non liquid Diet??

Johanna V.
on 9/2/10 11:45 pm - New York, NY
So my surgeon said i need to be  on a high protein no fat diet to reduce my fatty liver. He said salads (raw veggies) and lean meats like chicken or fish. I asked him about the liquid but he said that is touture (because i wouldnt be eating)but i can do it if i wanted. Has anyone done this kind of diet?? what did u guys eat?? I

Follow my Journey on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/TheScaleliedJ

SurgeryW. 299.5    

yankeeblue08
on 9/2/10 11:59 pm - Roseville, MI
yes, I did a low calerie, low carb diet prior to surgery.  I used 800 caleries per day, about 45 carbs per day, and I ate three meals per day.   I lost 24lbs prior to surgery.  (two weeks)   I did not cheat at all, and used sf jello, sf popsicles as a snack since you will probably get used to them because they are great after surgery!  Just count, count, count everything you put in your mouth and write it down.  You can do this! its much easier than just liquids.

good luck!

"Don't tell God how big your mountain is.....tell your mountain how big your God is!"

24 lbs lost pre-op.     My name is Cheryl, and I'm a Sleever!     
100 lbs lost by five months.    
Officially half way to my goal at six months! yay!
Johanna V.
on 9/3/10 12:08 am - New York, NY
ohh good. Yeah i have lost alot of weight with slimfast so i was going to drink that and do the dinner with the meat and raw veggies. So its a comobo of both and i know ill lose! thx u for that
Longhorn Girl
on 9/3/10 12:24 am - Austin, TX
Yeah, I ate meat and green veggies. Usually chicken breast and veggies. I had eggs for breakfast. I lost 8 lbs in 2 weeks.
~ Jennifer ~
I am 5'5" tall.  HW / SW / CW / GW  :   224 / 216 / 157 / 140

PBJ
on 9/3/10 12:29 am
I had to be on a low carb diet...not a liquid one.  You do enough liquids post op..so I would just do the diet.  I lost 7 lbs pre-op by jus****ching it and the one day of clear liquids. Good luck to you.

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
Johanna V.
on 9/3/10 12:38 am - New York, NY
ohh ok well thx u....i agree patty. thx again

Follow my Journey on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/TheScaleliedJ

SurgeryW. 299.5    

Connie0394
on 9/3/10 1:02 am - Dallas, TX

Hey there,

Yes, I had surgery 1 week ago and thankfully my doctor only required a 1200 cal/day diet.  For example, he said the Slimfast diet.....well, Slimfast tastes horrid to me, so I ask if I could just do Subway?  He said that's fine.  The reason he uses Slimfast as an example is because most people don't really know what a 1200 cal/day diet looks like.  It was a challenge, but not THAT hard, and I lost 9 lbs preop.  He also does it to reduce a fatty liver, because he said there's a retractor (called Nathanson) that he'd have to use if a pt has a fatty liver that makes postop pain worse.  Mine was fine.
Best wishes to you!!

Johanna V.
on 9/3/10 1:26 am - New York, NY
thx you...subways..thats interesting i have many by me maybe ill consider that. Yes as many diets as i have done its had to keep track of 1200 of calories, although i wasnt given a specific caloric amount to follow he said high protein and low/no fat. so i think im going to do the slimfast for sure or something low carb/high protein/low glycemic.
Neverbeenthinb4
on 9/3/10 5:54 am - St Marys, OH
 I dont have to do a liquid diet either! Thank goodness...enough of that afterwards
gator28fan
on 9/3/10 7:09 am - Scott, LA

My surgeon required patients to do Low Carb, High Protein pre-op diets.  I lost 27 lbs from March 1st (first surgery consult) to April 19 (day before surgery).  My sister-in-law had a liquid pre-op diet and lost 20 lbs.  Both pre-op diets work but I found it much easier to do the Low Carb, high Protein diet as pre-op.

Loving my sleeve!!

Marlene

HW:  440.6  SW: 401  CW: 281.6 GW:  170            
Most Active