Being brave - pics of my batwing arms and tummy...and some before and afters

Mandyplus2 ..
on 9/26/10 1:31 am, edited 9/26/10 1:55 am - GA
I've had a lot of people ask me about loose skin and I have to say that my arms bother me the worst. I'm hoping they tone up a bit now that I'm incorporating weights into my exercise routine (I just started the weights this week).

I am still 22 lbs from goal (though I'd like to lose about 30 more lbs). I tried to get a few angles...

Holding my arm loose
Picture8218.jpg

Making a muscle...grrrr
Picture8205.jpg

Raised up
Picture8222.jpg

Skin

Picture8223.jpg

reaching for my water bottle
Picture8232.jpg picture by laney_lue

Otherwise, my arms look pretty normal
Picture8256.jpg picture by laney_lue

Picture8226.jpg picture by laney_lue

Picture8265.jpg picture by laney_lue

My belly isn't too bad with undies on...keep in mind I also had a 8 1/2 lb and a 10 lb baby. I could use a tummy tuck but I'm not stressing over it. My skin has a bad reaction to surgical tape so I have a lot of little scars all over from my skin scabbing over where the tape was.
Picture8296.jpg

Yes, I still have cellulite

Picture8300.jpg picture by laney_lue

Picture8294.jpg

A few before and afters for those researching weight loss surgery. It's SO worth it!!
044-1.jpg picture by laney_lue

DSC02052.jpg picture by laney_lue

036.jpg picture by laney_lue

Me and my cute husband many years ago
048.jpg picture by laney_lue

Me and my cute husband yesterday
Picture8259.jpg

Picture8030.jpg picture by laney_lue

028-4.jpg
 5'8" - 40 years old

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/10 1:33 am
Mandy, you look fabulous.  You hardly have any bat wings at all.  Don't stress about them, nobody else will even notice, because they are so busy looking at your beautiful self.
Dawnie 88
on 9/26/10 1:35 am
you look gorgeous!  I don't think your arms look bad at all (and look at that muscle!!).

I hope i look as good as you when I'm at goal! Keep it up, you have to be so proud of yourself!

Mandyplus2 ..
on 9/26/10 1:38 am, edited 9/26/10 1:38 am - GA
Thank you ladies!!

They really bother me but I self-paid for the VSG and have no money for plastics. I'm hoping that insurance will cover a breast lift/reduction but I won't know until I make goal (for insurance to pay, they have to remove a minimum weight of tissue from the breasts). I'll just have to live with the arms and stomach. Ah well.
 5'8" - 40 years old

Lori L.
on 9/26/10 2:17 am - Georgetown, TX
Wow!  You are such an inspiration!!!  "All of you" looks great and no wonder your cute husband is 'twinklin' as he stands beside you!  I am not quite a month out from surgery (27 days) and can only hope for my 'ol arms to look as great as yours!  Keep it up!  And thank you so much for sharing!
Btw...I talked to my daughter's high intensity trainer (my daughter plays HS volleyball on the way to playing in college and is at 18%BF---ugh! so was her moma at 16 yrs old) and he told me that regarding all the studies he has read regarding skin and it's elasticity...even though some is genes and age...the best thing for skin is water,  'high quality protein, good nutrition and of course weight training.  He told me it might take up to 1 year AFTER I am at goal and consistant weight training to see where my skin on my belly and arms/legs/breasts will really end up at...so be patient with yourself.  You are much younger than I am...so I bet with a little time you will be where you want to be---but heck, you look great!

Ht: 5'9" Age:  Old enough to know better...      

cassey99
on 9/26/10 2:41 am - Yonkers, NY
I am just starting my journey and have lost only 4lbs re-op nutrition I think you look great and hope my results are just as god as yours. Keep up the good work.
Cassey99

_rebecca
on 9/26/10 1:39 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
You look great!  Congrats on your success. 

Becca
Banded 7/09/07
In the process of revision to VGS

nicolite
on 9/26/10 1:39 am - Aurora, CO
VSG on 07/17/10 with
Wow, your befores/afters are amazing!  And yes, I agree, I would say don't worry about your arms at all!  They look so great!  But I understand how we all amplify things we dont like about our bodies :)
Your hubby is so cute!

Pre-op diet/SW/CW/GW :: 306/297/209/185
Just had my 3rd child a month ago - wanting to get back on the weightloss wagon!

MikeyMike
on 9/26/10 1:42 am - New York, NY
Honestly, you look really good. I can hardly tell from the pictures. Hope you're proud of your accomplishments...You've done Great!!!

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

justrite
on 9/26/10 1:42 am - Sacramento, CA
you look mahhhhvelous dahling!your arms look great and i had some problems with the tape leaving marks on me too...
Most Active