Being brave - pics of my batwing arms and tummy...and some before and afters

NanaDebby65
on 9/26/10 2:30 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Mandy, thank you for sharing your pictures! You look amazing!! Your "batwings" dont look bad at all and I'm sure they will firm up some with the weight training. Your stomach looks great as well! I understand the raisiny looking skin! My stomach has been the last to go, I think because it was the largest part of me. I would love a tummy tuck but at this point it's not going to happen. Keep up the good work!!
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
sleeve genie
on 9/26/10 2:37 am - Alhambra, CA
Mandy,  you look amazing,  like a different person.  You were beautiful before but now  omg,  you really look great.  Don't be so hard on yourslef.  You are really an inspiration and i hope to look as great as you do when i'm there.  Keep up the good work and i think those arms will look fantastic,  just like the rest of you and with the weight training you're gonna be HOT.  Isn't this the best,  i'm so grateful for this new lease on my life.  Take care Jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

SunnyMorn
on 9/26/10 2:37 am - New Delhi, India
Mandy,

Girl you look GORGEOUS!!  Your Dh must feel like he's got him a trophy wife...LOL!  I know those arms bother you but really thery are not bad. I think with some more light weight workouts they'll be gone!  Keep up the awesome work!!
Lost 20 lbs on pre-op diet. (Included in ticker)

Mandyplus2 ..
on 9/26/10 2:40 am - GA
Thank you so much everyone!! I love this board!! Only here can I find people who understand this sort of stuff!

I'm running out for the afternoon and will answer questions when I get back!

Remember everyone, protein first! LOL
 5'8" - 40 years old

diane S.
on 9/26/10 3:05 am
hey lady, you look wonderful. and i agree with elina that you hardly have any bat wings at all. (you should see mine if you want to see real bat wings). you are young and i bet with a little work with free weights and the effects of younger skin you will be really happy with your arms and all the rest. don't know where you will find another 22lbs to lose but we all know that fat has its secret hiding places. anyway, you look great. congrats. D

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Okanagan Girl
on 9/26/10 3:06 am - Canada
you look so great! And the bat wings and tummy, if I look like you in the end Im happy with that! you look beautiful sister!
moparmemaw
on 9/26/10 3:18 am - IA
Your arms look like I HOPE mine look after plastics! LOL  You're lucky your'e young enough for the skin to tighten back up pretty nicely.  Mine are horrific!  They hang down (and I'm not kidding) about 5 inches!  Egads batman!  I really need something done, but I'm not done losing weight!
Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb. 

caralikesglass
on 9/26/10 4:17 am
You look great! I hope I look as good as you when I get to a similar point in my weight loss. Crossin' my fingers...
shekicks
on 9/26/10 4:40 am - Dallas, GA

You look absolutely amazing!  You should be very proud of yourself and your accomplishment!

Beverly

5' 0"              HW-207 / SW-194 / CW-132/ GW-125             57 years old!

dec721
on 9/26/10 6:12 am - Decatur, GA
VSG on 08/07/08 with
Mandy, my dear, you do not know the meaning of the words BAT WINGS, ha ha ha!  I had a six-inch drop of skin ... at least! ... not to mention belly skin that hung completely over my, um, crotch, and bazooms that I could almost tuck in the waistband of my slacks!  The belly and boobs were taken care of five years before I was sleeved after another big weight loss, but the wings I had done at one year out.  My surgeon would not touch my rump and thighs, and they are beyond melted!  My caboose hangs down on the back of my upper thighs, and it is the creepiest feeling when I walk and am in my jammies with no underpants on!  You are blessed with young, very good skin ... and quite a few years of youth on me, so you just keep in mind that this old gal will trade bodies with you any time :-)   Heartiest congratulations on your wonderful weight loss and fantastic "body recovery!"
--Dorothy

Highest weight: 292   Pre-op weight: 265   Goal met: 150   Six years out: 185 and trying to lose again!

Most Active