Depressed- No weight loss 2wks after surgery

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/10 5:11 pm - Germantown, MD
I stalled a little over two weeks out and am still stalled. Not letting myself freak out about it since I know I'm following my program. It will pass eventually.
allypad64
on 10/1/10 6:47 pm - henderson, NV
I'm chiming in on the stall - I'm right there with ya.  I lost 23 pounds and now I have been stuck there even fluctuating to +1 pound, but thank goodness I read this board and I expected it so I am not freaking out about it.  It will start up again, just give it some time...

Allison

Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterray, MX - 2/6/2012 (yippee!).  Lower Body Lift, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Butt Lift.

michelle202
on 10/2/10 12:22 am - GA
I had the very same thing, and I had it again at 6 weeks. At 8 weeks out my issue is with getting in more than 600 calories, as soon as I do, I begin to shed pounds again. At 2 weeks out, you body is just adjusting. You will bounce back and drop pounds in no time! Hang in there. It is frustrating as hell, but we have all been there.
micvsgmom.com

Jagator88
on 10/2/10 3:31 am - Jacksonville, FL
Not to sidetrack your post but what ever happened with the problem you were having? Didi things work out on their own or did you have to go to the doctor/hospital?
5' 7" 244/95/125 SW/CW/GW
VSG by Dr. Miguel Zapata on 06/04/2009
Monterrey, MX
Hayley                    

DallasCheer Chick
on 10/5/10 3:35 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 12/09/13
Thanks so much for the follow up. I did manage to do enough to keep me from hurting. I still dont see where I have passed nearly what I have taken in but I guess as long as I'm not backing up or in pain... I'll go with it. I was really hoping that was why I have not lost any weight in so long. I do take 3 stool softeners, benefiber and a Walmart product someone recommended to me on here called Colon Clenz everyday. We'll see if this helps. I still thought about having my doctor prescribe me so "GO LIGHTLY" (the stuff patients have to take to clean them out before a colonoscopy. I'll see what my doc says next Monday at my 6 week followup. I still can't beleive I've only lost 15 pounds in 5 weeks. Take Care.
wdwesthaver
on 6/4/13 8:11 am - Liverpool, Canada

I'm glad I found this site.  i am new here and had my surgery on May 6/13 so i am almost a month out.  I have lost 32 lbs so far but have been stalled and have been feeling very frustrated.  I went from 257 down to 225.   I'm glad to know that this is normal.

CJCC55
on 1/11/11 6:03 am - Cleveland, TN
Some of our gi docs use the 2 bottles of mag citrate to prep for colonoscopy. It costs much less than the GoLytely product. My portion after insurance paid on the Golyte was 56 dollar copay.
That is not something you want to buy very often. The mag citrate prep only costs a few dollars, and can get otc rather than prescription.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

Most Active