Aprox How many calories do you consume after the sleeve surgery

Gin2bthin
on 10/6/10 10:32 pm - WV
I was just curious approx how many calories are consumed and how long do you consume the low amount of calories.Does your calorie need go up after while..How does that work?Do you gain weight when your calories go up?Im just a little confused on that..Thanks.
Beautiful_day
on 10/6/10 10:39 pm
To lose weight you must take in less than you burn.
To maintain your intake must be equal to what you burn.
To gain you take in more than you burn.

The sleeve is not magic. It reduces your Gehrlin; which reduces your hungry. The sleeve restricts to help you fill faster. No magic.
flatmann
on 4/27/16 4:28 pm
VSG on 04/04/16

I kind of agree with most you are saying.  I just had the sleeve about a month ago.  I have though about what you said too.  Doctors would say that it is totally unsafe to eat between 500 to 800 calories a day.  No doctor would ever sign off on it, unless you have some kind of weight loss surgery.  The thing is  that weather you have the surgery or not it works.  Christian Bale lost over 50 lbs for a movie eating a can of tuna or an apple per day.  He did it in a short amount of time too.  Also many other actors have lost weight doing the same thing or eating about 800 calories per day eating high protein and low carbs.  They have one cheat meal per week were they often eat a pizza.  They get doctors approval for that because it usually has about a million dollar ticket on it for the actor.  With the sleeve it is different in many ways.  One being that usually the patient is better off taking the risk because they are morbidly obese.  Though I have seen some people who looked like they were just obese get it done.  Usually woman.  They just have to have it.  I think that they haven't tried hard enough because they are usually young too.  About thirty or under.  I think this drastic surgery should be a last resort.  Another difference is the size of your stomach.  If you try to just go on a crash diet and eat under 1000 calories a day, it's not easy.  Believe me I had to do it before my surgery to loose weight for the surgery and a two week liver shrinking diet.  I wouldn't want to do it for a year.  Also what they cut out is a part that produces these enzymes that make you hungry.  Believe me it's true.  I can go without eating for a day and just have three shakes.  Even now after I eat I am satisfied because of the size of my stomach and the lack of hunger enzymes I don't feel like I have to eat for hours.

So I do agree with you that this is so called unsafe but I don't believe everything doctors tell me.  Also the woman who didn't answer this persons question was probably a dietitian.  In my opinion they are the most power hungry of all the medical professionals.  They love to tell you what to do and they never listen to you.

Kelsue
on 9/12/16 7:38 pm
VSG on 05/08/16

To you and the person/people above. Sleeve or bypass won't be done by a reputable dr for anyone who doesn't qualify under the guidelines and restrictions. None of you mentioned the people who have the surgery to improve their health from problems like diabetes or hypertension.   And please have all your facts. Simple reducing your intake is not so simple when you are diabetic. Insulin levels are wacky when your diabetic and you can feel hungry all the time. And your metabolism is all messed up already from these conditions as well. 

What's better, keep trying to lose weight by restricting intake, life with a metabolism out of wack and wait for the diabetes to rot away your nerves, eyes and kidneys? How about instead risking that messed up metabolism, and have a surgery to reset your body and behavior to correct it?

These surgeries are all about behavior modification. They help you control your glucose and blood pressure and teach you to read your body and adjust your eating to your new stomach. 

Please don't assume that this surgery is an "easy way" out. It's anything but easy. Just because you can diet successfully doesn't make me or anyone else less disciplined. We are not make from a cookie cutter. 

nannerk0413
on 8/14/16 6:32 pm - CA

F :You

jpcolter
on 10/9/16 11:27 pm - San Francisco, CA

What is wrong with you?

VeraG
on 10/6/10 10:58 pm - Bonner Springs, KS
I believe my average is 600 - 800 daily. 

Living until I die!

Shasha99
on 10/6/10 11:18 pm - Singapore

HI..

As for me,during the first month post op..I consumed 400calories..coz 3 weeks on liquid diet..than 3 weeks pureen diet..follow by minced diet than solid food..different than others my sleeve is smaller..about 10% left over.

Now I take in about 550-650 the most..while excercise at the gym ,I will burned about 800-900 calories on cardio beside weight lift..tone up...

Now I'm off from Gym for 3 weeks due to my injury..I took 500 only and doing mild excercise at home..to burned at least 300calories aday..

All the best to u..important thing dont force urself to eat ..it could strect out ur sleeve..

Shasha99
Singapore Girl

SHASHA99        I LUV MY SLEEVE !!!              
Diane C.
on 10/6/10 11:23 pm - Tulsa, OK
Mine is about 600-800 per day too. 

anninva
on 10/6/10 11:27 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
at the surgeon's office they told me that long-term, after one is on real food again, the magic # for continued weight loss was 1200 cals.  with exercise and protein-veg-whole grain rules of course.  imagine it will be far less to start as you have all said.  just what i have been told!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active