Hair loss explanation from the Doc

queenborg
on 11/23/10 4:44 pm
I love what my doc says. He has no bald weight loss patients mine started thinning and then got a kidney stone so under knife again and ear surgery month later and another surgery which isn't helping. However what I found was wigs on eBay from china for like a dollar or couple bucks and ten bucks shipping and I got a ton of them and have so so much fun now being all different colors and cuts. They look amazing. Better than my real hair which is coming back slowly and I got a super short pixie cut. I take biotin and shampoos but not too worried. I'm down 123 pounds in 7 months and as I like to say. I can put a wig on but can't unzip the fat!
UnRuli
on 11/23/10 8:25 pm - Plainwell, MI
 Just checked all the hair that fell out this morning in to the sink.......yep, they all have roots.  I've also been getting 80-100 mg of protein every day so it's certainly not a lack of protein that's doing this.  The hair loss is just like the time I came off the Depo Provera shot (which I've been told is like after a pregnancy).  My hair is thinning, but I'm a long way from losing all of it and a short hair cut made a giant difference in my life.
pcannedy
on 3/30/11 9:07 am - Sacramento, CA
I had hair loss from the root also at about 3 months post op; it has just about stopped at 6 months post op.  I had right amount of protein plus protein shakes, vitamins, water, some fruit and veggies.  The dietician says the boitin does not help with hair loss.

wert
on 3/30/11 12:26 pm - MN
Great discussion with good information. Thanks, everyone. 

5'5"  Age 63  HW 212  SW 200 Currently 8 pounds below goal
Jacque 

Mandyplus2 ..
on 11/23/10 8:49 pm - GA
Um. If your doctor is referring to the typical hair loss that occurs a few months out from surgery, then your doctor is completely and 100% mistaken.

It is called telogen effluvium and the hair actually comes out at the roots. None of those products recommended will prevent it.

5'8" - 40 years old

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views