what am i doing wrong ? ? ?

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/10 10:53 pm - Edgewood, MD
I am almost 5 weeks post-op. I have been at 230lbs for almost 2 weeks. Am I doing something wrong??? I have been eating alot of low fat cheeses and groung turkey. I have been walking alot. Why am I stuck for sooo long?? Is there anything I can do to kick start myself again?? I feel so down :(
allie_b
on 12/19/10 10:56 pm
 at 3 weeks i stopped losing. it lasted 3 miserably long weeks. totally sucked. but it will pass, and you'll be sooo excited when you start losing again. 
I'm 28, 5'7 and have a bougie size 36 french, not oversewn.
Capacity for dense protein: about 3 oz. Also...only lost 2 lbs pre-op.
Manon
on 12/19/10 11:03 pm - Burbank, CA
VSG on 10/04/10 with
You are in the VERY common 3 week stall, my dear.  Almost everyone goes through it.  And through it you will.  You are not doing a thing wrong, in fact, you are right on track!!

Keep on, keepin' on sister!!!
HW-280/SW-264/CW-214/GW-155 (5'9")

MRSKOUBiK
on 12/19/10 11:10 pm - Middle River, MD
 You need me as your personal cheerleader! 

Go Jodie! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :) LOL

I know you don't like protein, but maybe you're not getting enough in.
Try Carnation Instant Start Sugar Free. It's REALLY good. And, you get like 14 grams of protein per serving if you make it with Skim Milk! 
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/10 11:17 pm - Edgewood, MD
i am going to the store today to find some high protein goodies. im getting worried about the protein intake. but hopefully i will find some good stuff that i dont hate !!

its just so discouraging to get on the scale and see the same number....
PBJ
on 12/19/10 11:37 pm
Hi Jodie,

Don't be discouraged...you are so normal!  but I know it is hard.  Hang in there...make sure you are getting tons of water in and enough protein.  This will pass..I promise!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
cnjm6201
on 12/20/10 12:01 am
I am at 6 weeks and have just hit my first stall.  I am frustrated just like you, but remember by this time next year this will be a distant memory.
"Be content at whatsoever state you are in."  Phil. 4:11                      
cattywompos
on 12/20/10 1:04 am
Ahhh... the dreaded 3 week stall.  Mine lasted 2 1/2 weeks.  There really is not much you can do other than wait it out.  Hang in there girl, the scale is bound to start moving soon.
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Pixie-Power
on 12/20/10 1:36 am - Los Angeles, CA
I also hit the 3 week stall, lasted 2 weeks and then BAM, lost 6 pounds "overnight."  Hang in there.  You'll be over the hump soon (at least until your next stall).  Happens to many of us. 

age: 53   5'1" tall   HW=231  SW=216  CW=139.8  GW=130         

Christyr2943
on 12/20/10 6:31 am - MD
Jodie I am 8 weeks out & have been stuck at the same weight for the last 2 weeks even with doing the elliptical every single day! I  think the stalls are something we are gonna have to get use.to.  Some people have more than others, but I think patience is virtue!!!  I cut out some of the carbs I was eating, even though it wasn't a lot, I cut them out anyway.  I'm hoping to start losing again soon.  I try to see the upside, there use to be a time when I would see the scale go up daily!!  At least we're not gaining.  Hang in there with me,  we gotta start losing soon. :)
  before pre-op diet =  327lbs. SW= 312 lbs. CW=214.6 lbs.                      

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views