Pickle Juice

Karen M.
on 3/22/11 6:45 am - Rockwall, TX
DS on 12/01/14
I am 8 days post-op and last night was dying for something different than the normal liquids I've been on since before surgery.  I went to my refrigerator and the pickle jar was screaming at me.  I drank a couple of sips of the juice and it tasted like heaven.  I know it is high in sodium but does anyone know of another reason that it wouldn't be good to have every now and then?

HW:  268             SW:  268              CW:  230.02             5'5"                   48 yrs old              

NursieGirl
on 3/22/11 6:54 am
I don't see any reason that you can't have some pickle juice.  You're right; it is high in sodium, but it's low in calories, and if you are craving salt, go ahead and have some!

twobluecats
on 3/22/11 7:08 am
VSG on 12/14/09 with

This is such an interesting thing.   Maybe it's just us Texas girls, but I did the very same thing shortly after my surgery.  I was totally craving pickle juice.  It was the best thing ever.  Then, I did a little googling and found that apparenlty lots of folks after WLS crave pickles.  Weird, weird,weird.

I even ordered pickle pops...like the cheap popsicles that you freeze, but they are actually pickle juice.  I haven't had them since then.  But, boy did they hit the spot when I needed them!

FreeJulie
on 3/22/11 8:57 am - WA
I drank pickle juice too, and have been eating a lot of pickles since surgery. Same with pepperoncinis. :)
Julie, 5' 3", age 42. Starting weight: 263, Surgery weight: 255
Blogging at www.freejulie.blogspot.com        
Karen M.
on 3/22/11 7:12 am - Rockwall, TX
DS on 12/01/14
That's good to know because as good as it tasted, it might be my saving grace through this liquid phase. Thanks guys!!!

HW:  268             SW:  268              CW:  230.02             5'5"                   48 yrs old              

caroline2622
on 3/22/11 7:34 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
karen  it must be the season lots of you chatting about pickles    LMAO!    Do be careful, you may get the runs lololol ...   I know it is hard but you just had surgery.   Be good to you and the new tummy.   Right now you have head hunger.    Make good habits now and they will stay with you to a new healthy life.  

This is only a tool.   We all still have to work at it .......  Take care and hang in there.... Welcome to the looser bench   lololo still lolol

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
MsBatt
on 3/22/11 7:14 am
Just be careful not to drink too much of it---it's a sure cure for constipation. (*grin*)
MrsClaus09
on 3/22/11 7:35 am
Great minds think alike!

I had a few sips of pickle juice last night.
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
Karen M.
on 3/22/11 7:43 am - Rockwall, TX
DS on 12/01/14
I'm glad I'm not alone. It must be the body craving salt. All I know is that it taste like a steak. LOL

Christine928
on 3/22/11 8:13 am
OMG... Me too. But i didn't drink the juice. I went to the diner with co-workers and took their pickles. I just sat their sipping my water and sucking on the pickle...

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views