Will I ever get to goal!?

autumn41
on 4/18/11 12:11 pm - Nipomo, CA
 My surgeon wants me at 130!!!!!  I just don't know if this is realistic for me!
twenty lbs. lost prior to VSG 5'6" highest weight 236 no longer diabetic                  
tammy K.
on 4/18/11 12:13 pm - calgary, Canada
One day at a time sweet girl....enjoy the journey....tammy
  kindness is the nicest thing....          
autumn41
on 4/18/11 12:16 pm - Nipomo, CA
 Thank you Tammy!
twenty lbs. lost prior to VSG 5'6" highest weight 236 no longer diabetic                  
glendary
on 4/18/11 12:22 pm
Wow.. 130?  I have almost the same surgery date as you.  I started much heavier than you and my surgeon wants me at 175... I am hoping for 150.  I am 50 yrs old and also 5'6"

Isn't it funny how different our goals all are?  I believe our bodies will "land" at a good weight all on their own.

Keep in mind you are not yet at 6 month. 

Good luck!
Glendary        
cattywompos
on 4/18/11 12:37 pm
Unfortunately docs tend to go with the statistical goals.  But personally, I think we need to find a goal that we are happy with and feel is obtainable. I mean I am supposed to weigh around 140, I think I would look great at 170, so that is my goal. If I make 140 woot, woot, but I am sure not planning to get anywhere near that. I honestly would be happy to just be in Onderland :)
 HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Lisa D.
on 4/18/11 1:00 pm - New Orleans, LA
Find someone your height that you think looks great and ask them how much they weigh--easier if you know them.  130 for someone 5'6" seems a little low.   Only you can decide your final goal.
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

NanaDebby65
on 4/18/11 1:05 pm - North Richland Hills, TX
My surgeon set my goal at 134. I almost laughed! Seriously? I discussed with my nut and we decided on 150. It was more attainable and I honestly felt I would be comfortable there. That being said my official 1 year weigh in at the surgeons office recorded me at 134.6. Completely crazy!! My lowest has been 131 but I kinda settle around 135 so far. Nothing is impossible with this great tool we have. I would set a reasonable goal for YOU and then see where it goes from there!! Good Luck!!

Debby
HW: 228/GW: 140/CW: 134    
frisco
on 4/18/11 1:10 pm

When my surgeon said he was thinking of me getting down to 175 from 338......

I was thinking.....yah right.....(sarcastically) lets go with that (bah ha ha!)

I know it's hard to think about it now.....but just keep going.... you will find your weight.

The worst thing you could do is stop...than start again....than stop....

My thought while I was going 200 miles an hour....why stop...just keep going !!!

Taking it 5lbs. at a time the last 25lbs.

I think it's smart to go under your desired weight.......for a regain cushion.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

DragonGirl
on 4/19/11 1:40 am - MN
I thought it was strange when my own Surgeon made the statement "VSG patients rarely get to goal"!   I've heard other VSG'rs say they heard this from their docs as well.

I looked at her and said..."What's to stop me?" I asked her what a good goal would be and she asked me to set my own goal.

So with that being said, I picked 140, simply because it was 10 pounds under the top weight of my healthy BMI. I'm not sure where I'll end up, but I'm going to shoot for this.
  Age 49 Height 5'5" HW/280 SW/250 CW/157  
Behind every success is effort...Behind every effort is passion...Behind every passion is someone with the courage to try.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views