changing

R. Campbell
on 4/19/11 3:44 am - Southaven, MS
Mini Gastric Bypass on 07/14/11

Hey guys I was wondering if someone can help me. I had the Lap-Band done in 07, started having problems from 09 til now. The doctor that did my surgery in 07 left, so now I am with another bariatric doctor, whom I met with just yesterday to discus changing over to the sleeve or the mini gastric bypass. Has anyone had a change? what type the MGB or the Sleeve? How was the change and what should I expect?    

laroseles
on 4/19/11 8:09 am
 I went through the same thing.  I got the  lapband in june of  08, never worked for me only made me sick.  My doctor moved and I had to look for another doctor.  He suggested taking out the lapband and doing the sleeve.  I had that done on March 23, 2011 and I feel so, so good now.  I am down 32 lbs since. 
R. Campbell
on 4/19/11 10:33 am - Southaven, MS
Mini Gastric Bypass on 07/14/11

Ok now I don't feel like this is or was my fault:o(  For almost a 1 1/2 now I have gone to and from the doctor about the issues that I was having with my band. I have I have gained over 60+lbs,and get very depressed daily over the weight gain...I have done some research on the sleeve and the MGB, I went yesterday and talked with my doctor more about the sleeve and  she started with submitting the proper paper work to my Insurance company. I still have the same insurance from when I had the Lap-Band done. I hope my insurance approve me once again, I really need this. I am hoping that all is done this year so my fingers and toes are crossed 
Thanks   

laroseles
on 4/20/11 5:41 am
 Good Luck, I really hope they approve you.  They wouldn't approve mine, they told me there was a claus that only allows one WLS per lifetime.  I had to pay for my revision and at this point I feel it was money well spent.  I was to the point where I was so depressed I couldn't get out of bed.  Wish you well.
Most Active